View Single Post
Old 07-15-2005, 01:50 AM
Lewisa
Absolute Fan

Found this old interview with Ryan.. it makes me sad reading it

Quote:
LOS ANGELES, April 5 — When the actor Ryan Gosling was about 8, he says, he came home from school beaten and bloody. It was not the first time that had happened, and his mother ordered him back to school to bloody his tormentors.
So he did. Mr. Gosling, 23, recalled the incident: "I walked into school. Everything got really quiet. I found one of the kids in front of a urinal. I smacked his face into the tile, and he bled. The other kid was at his desk. I picked up a math textbook and made his nose bleed."

Then he went home and told his mother what he had done. "I was crying," he said. "I didn't want to do it. I don't like violence. And she was so sad." He took a breath."I never went back to that school again."

That little boy grew up to be the sensitive young actor who has grabbed Hollywood's attention with performances in projects like "The Believer" (2001), an award-winning film in which he played the leading role, that of a Jew who becomes a charismatic neo-Nazi leader.

Now Mr. Gosling is starring in "The United States of Leland" as Leland Fitzgerald, an emotionally detached young man who has inexplicably murdered a mentally disturbed adolescent. At the centerpiece of a talented cast including Don Cheadle, Kevin Spacey and Lena Olin, Mr. Gosling manages to hold the viewer's attention with a kind of innocent intensity and a youthful pathos.
To read the full article: Ryan Gosling