View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 10:28 PM
Holland Fan Forever
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by regiusachan (View Post)
Forgetting LL, Sav isn't pretty. Declan is. Problem solved for why they don't have Sav's character filled out yet. Actually, we don't know much about Declan at all. We know more about his ex-girlfriend and Fiona, his sister, more than we know about him. So...yeah. Sav and Declan aren't filled out. But Sav couldn't be, he's not pretty/hot like Declan.

Plus Sav has to be the Butt-Monkey as TVTropes says. He's probably gonna commit suicide once Holly J runs off to Fiona. If not, yeah, he'll be baby-sitting for money, since he can't play music for crap and he can't keep a woman around because he can't get the balls to tell his parents to stop controlling what he does with his life - in romance/love and school/college/career.
I don't think that TPTB and the writers have ever cared all that much for Sav and he's been on the show for twice as long as Declan has been and TPTB gave him storylines and some development none of which was done for Sav and to me it's different when someone isn't on the show much and not being developed but Sav certainly could've been given something constructive to do before now and he's barely on screen Holly J or no Holly J. Declan doesn't need Holly J to get screen time and attention but Sav needs Holly J or Alli in order to get any screen time. I think that if Landon were available more this season that Declan would've been given screen time and storylines, Sav is on the other hand written like an an after thought. This show for whatever reason doesn't do much with its seniors regardless of who they are and what they've done previously but with Sav it's worse than that because he was never really given anything to do even when he was younger and it has got to be awkward to see all of these younger kids regardless of what someone may think of them get storylines and character development all Sav has gotten are dead end relationship storylines.

The writers and TPTB don't let Alli do a lot either but, she at least gets to make choices and is given storylines where it's actually about her and this current storyline with Alli and Sav will end up being all about Alli in the end. I think that if Sav couldn't get more screen time when Fitz, Bianca, Zane and Riley etc. weren't on screen much before that I thought that it was highly unlikely that Sav was going to get more screen time when all of these people are and will return in some capacity. I think that the writers and TPTB gave up on Sav's character a long time ago.
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola