View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 03:00 PM
stuckin1977
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
Also, while I think it's good, and sometimes wise, to follow what your heart is telling you, I think there needs to be a balance, along with boundaries, because sometimes doing this leads into completely selfish territory at the expense of other people. Plus, feelings are very fleeting - and 'love' and 'honor/comittment' is more of a decision (a conscious act) rather than just an emotion IMO. Just because one experiences feelings doesn't warrant a justifiable excuse for giving into them, I think. Can it happen?! Sure, most certainly, but I think the bigger point in that would be to learn from the mistake - not justifying it with emotions that we allow to control our decision-making. However, where one finds their own moral compass to guide them?! I guess each person has to look within themselves in order to answer that question like I will do down below:
I agree completely about balance and boundaries...and I didn't mean to imply that only a temporal feeling or emotion might drive one's actions. It is never that simple. Usually, the gray area evolves as a result of many factors and making a conscious decision regarding those feelings is influenced by those factors. We don't know what was going on with Chris & Liz - or Charles for that matter - so that is why I cannot judge her actions even if they disappoint me.

Quote:
Once again, I can only speak for myself when answering this type of deeper and philosophical question. I believe in the higher universal principles of a God and in spite of my own mistakes or doubts - I've always found my solace and peace when coming back to this higher moral guide that is present inside of this loving source, whenever I've gotten 'lost' off my path.
Well said. I agree with this completely.

Last edited by stuckin1977; 02-24-2011 at 10:30 AM Reason: candid