View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 02:26 PM
GrhmLz
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
Actually, those intimate pictures with Charles were taken before the big explosion shoot with Chris on location for episode 6. They had to shoot those scenes of Joe dying at a later weekend because they had to shut down several main streets for it. And just a few weeks earlier we still had those pictures of Liz and Chris holding hands when they were walking to their cap with Logan during the filming of episode 5.
Lol - well, that would definitely put a negative spin on things, then. The signs do appear to be pointing strongly to an extramarital affair.

Quote:
... I won't judge her. Life is constantly changing and relationships sometimes run their course. Our culture expects people to work things out - perhaps they even tried to (we can't know for sure unless Liz or Chris come out and talk about it, which is unlikely to happen) - but, as I get older, I subscribe more to the follow your heart philosophy. If your heart isn't in it, anymore, it does no one any good to stay in a relationship just because certain institutions or people expect you to make it work. For me, personally, monogamy is the goal of any relationship - yet, I compromised this belief once despite that perspective. Sometimes, situations aren't always black & white and you find yourself facing completely unexpected feelings. Does that make it right?
For me, I don't think it's so much a matter of 'judging' as it is using 'discernment.' If we couldn't discern what is right from wrong, we would have absolute moral anarchy in the most general sense, for example, killing sprees being deemed 'acceptable' if we couldn't discern that this is 'morally wrong' to condone in society. Obviously, this would mean there is a consensus on moral standards such as this VERY obvious one, lol, and I wouldn't be told that I'm 'judging someone' if I said murdering someone was wrong - it's just discernment based on principle. Adultery is another commonly held antithesis (like murder, or stealing etc.) to moral principle. Also, while I think it's good, and sometimes wise, to follow what my heart is telling me, I think there needs to be a balance, along with boundaries, because sometimes doing this leads into completely selfish territory at the expense of other people. Plus, feelings are very fleeting - and 'love' and 'honor/comittment' is more of a decision (a conscious act) rather than just an emotion IMO. Just because one experiences new 'feelings', doesn't warrant a justifiable excuse for just giving into them, I think. Can it happen?! Sure, most certainly, but I think the bigger point in that would be to learn from the mistake - not justifying it with a lack of responsibility so that we maintain the position that it's fine to just let emotions control all decision-making. However, where one finds their own moral compass to guide them?! I guess each person has to look within themselves in order to answer that question like I will do down below:

Quote:
Who decides what is right?
Once again, I can only speak for myself when answering this type of deeper and philosophical question. I believe in the higher universal principles of a God and in spite of my own mistakes or doubts - I've always found my solace and peace when coming back to this higher moral guide that is present inside of this loving source, whenever I've gotten 'lost' off my path. Usually when I've made my mistakes, I thought I was 'freeing' myself from unachievable standards but then I took notice that it was because I strayed from the principals in the first place that I experienced consequences I wouldn't have had to otherwise. That's what got me in trouble and I'm growing and learning so that I do my hardest not to repeat the same mistakes over and over again. Although, I've never cheated on anybody inside of a relationship before. I don't want to either.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 02-23-2011 at 02:44 PM