View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 10:35 AM
Nekoshoujo
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Avenue (View Post)
Add me! & yeah, I remember that! Oh man, I sure miss the days of summer. :/ & Asya, I don't think they'll give us any semblance of the old KC since now that he's with Jenna he's turned into this popular SuperJock with an equally douchey friend. But this isn't the right thread for that, lmao.

I really hope the writers use Connor again for another storyline of his own soon. Maybe he finds his own significant other? Without said person being a middle aged woman?
Ugh but it drives me crazy because I actually liked the KC/Connor friendship back in season 8. But I suppose I'll just have to look back with happy memories.

As for Clare and Connor I admit I miss that too but with them it seemed like the break was more mutual. They were still hanging out at the end of last season (so was Alli) and it seemed like they were all pretty chill at the beginning of the season but Connor's getting older and I think he's at that point where he wants to chill with the guys and play video games so he found his own crew for that with Wes and Dave. Clare's just in a different place. I think a lot of this season was Clare realizing she wasn't really going after what was important to her and her friends just weren't on the same page. With Eli and Adam they're all kinda looking for the same things out of high school. I suppose the same could really be said for KC, Alli, and Jenna: they're the popular kids so yes they're going to be the ones going to parties and making out at the drive ins and while that's not Connor's scene I think it's okay. I don't really think I realized how natural a progression the niner kids took until I started typing this but all and all it makes sense. You get into high school and you start to hang with your classmates and then when you grow up a little you start to realize what you want and that's when you start finding friends who want the same things as you.

I would like to see Connor get a girlfriend not just because that's a storyline AJ want to cover or because I'm rooting for him but because I think that showing him going through the dating process would be a great way to bring his Asperger's back into a storyline without having it turn into some kind of PSA.

I will say one thing, my mom actually watches Degrassi and she's a clinical therapist so she was talking to me the other day about Connor and Wesley making all those jokes about Sadie and how in reality Connor probably wouldn't be coming up with them off the fly like that- especially considering where he was in season 8. It just makes me suspect they've mostly dropped the storyline or will keep it contained to episodes where he's the focus which kinda bothers me.

On another note Connor's S10 bio talked a lot about NASA but we haven't seen anything about that yet which I think is kinda bizarre.

Can I just say he has the best smile:

Last edited by Nekoshoujo; 02-22-2011 at 10:45 AM
Nekoshoujo is offline   Reply With Quote