View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 08:09 PM
LondonTown89
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by InIrelandItRainsXx (View Post)
I dunno who started the ugly thing. It's daft

I could probably safely say the majority of people who post here on the Skins board are not living in the UK but thats what forums are for. I've been watching Skins since 07 but only joined forums in 2010, cause Skins was always something you just watched on the TV on Thursday nights, end of. I dunno if any UK viewers would agree with me. (Basically I've never had a proper Skins discussion that wasn't online somewhere.)

I suppose, what I'm trying to say is, I think when your not in an environment where your constantly discussing and hearing other perspectives it's harder to appreciate Skins as a drama rather than Oh yeah I do that at the weekend too. Hence, it's easier to pass casual judgement without thinking about it. ie: omg they're ugly this year arn't they? Many actual tv viewers wouldn't go further than E4.com. the only reason I did was cause I wanted to know if anyone thought the Gen 2 finale was as **** as I did. Then I realised Skins was discussed so intensely, even internationally. It sounds stupid and naive but was the truth 2 years ago.(for me)

anyway, that was long-winded and unnecessary and I could be completely wrong. Just my thoughts on the matter
lmao everyone on the internet mostly kids. all the people in my uni who watch it actually really love it, they don't like matty tho ... apparently mystery man ain't doing it for them.

not long winded or unnecessary for that matter; it was a very interesting read and most of the points you raised i agreed with.

Quote:
I can't seem to PM you.... it says you have too many messages, and need to delete some.
My fault . I'm lazy when it comes to deleting messages. Sort it out now.