View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 05:01 AM
Stay to the Lights
Fan Forum Star

LJS has now a guest book on her website and she had replied to some comments.

Quote:
Hi, I just wanted to see if the most recent blog had scared anyone else? It seemed like LJ was talking about not being able to publish many more books for The Vampire Diaries or something. Is this true? What's going on?

Hi Clara! What you've heard is true is true, and it's also true that I fouight it for months. But the time comes when there is no way to fight anymore. So I have to stand up and take it like a woman. The series will not end; it's just me off the case. And, no, I did not like that either, and I wish I had a clear reason to offer you. But Midnight, which is coming out in March, is all mine, and the ghostwriter may use some of my manuscrpt for Phantom, the first book in the next trilogy. I'll only say all this once, since I've moved beyond it and am already thinking up another vampire book, and now have time for Strange Fate. So I'm asking people to put this

Quote:
Hey Lisa! Yay second comment xD I wanted to say, you are no doubt my favourite author, your books are literally inspiring, and I am really gutted that you aren't going to be writing VD anymore. I was a Stelena fan but now although it's definitely going to stay Stelena, Id rather not read it because the magic will be ruined thanks to the *ghostwriter*. I am nervously anticipating the day when Strange Fate comes out, and I really really hope you continue The Night World and The Forbidden Game! Thank you, yours sincerely, A Huge Fan

Melissa, you are an angel from heaven! Admit it and flaunt those wings. You'd even abandon your Stelena camp for me . . . (sobbing on Melissa's shoulder.) But you mustn't do it, you must try the new books. Stefan is looking at you soulfully, and Damon is flashing a wicked smile. I'm at least interested in how the story ends. That was the one thing I didn't know: who ends up with who? Thanks for graciously looking forward to the sequels. Now you can turn invisible again. Your duty is done.

Quote:
I totally love the night world series too! I would hate it soo much if any of the night world characters died! I've gotten too attatched to them and would be heart broken if any of them died. I just hope that if someone dies, it will be someone that nobody has REALLY grown attactched to or somebody somebody evil dying would satisfy me, but you already knew that. ;-)

I totally understand why everyone is out of patience with Strange fate. And I know why they don't want anyone to die. But everyone wants a different set of characters not to die, and I will let you in on a secret, which is that not everyone who seems to die does die. And, after all, it is the Apocalypse, y'know . . . One really weird thing I've noticed is that I get very upset when other authors or film-makers allow their characters to die, but totally ruthless about my own. But I promise to have ruth on as many characters as I can, and I also promise that nobody will die in vain. Oh, yes and I'm working on it every day, typing as fast as I can--when I'm not doing things like this.

Quote:
I love ALL of your books the same and saying that you'll write more NEW books is COMPLETELY WONDERFUL. You have an absolutely AMAZING gift. I am looking forward to the many mysteries and thrilling adventures to come that will be written by L.J.Smith.

With Sincere Admiration of a Great Author,

-Sinéad

Sinéad, thank you so much for your faith in me. I love your name, I love your taste in literature, and I really, really, really love your faith. Even before this slight Apocalypse in my writing career, I was telling myself the story of Deirdre, nol quite sixteen, who finds that she is a hereditary witch when she sees a vampire having a little nibble on the neck of a girl from her school, and, much to her surprise, banishes him with an ancient invocation in a foreign language. After which her no-nonsense cousin, Aisling, arrives to train her in the ways of witchery, including how to master the elements of sunlight and moonlight. But like the first Deirdre of the Sorrows, this little witch is soon in trouble, getting entangled with two bad-boy vampires and, well, there wasn't room for a hero in the plot so it's just a matter of what kind of bad boy you like. So . . . if you "look to like, if looking liking move" you might like this little book, which will be called Eternity: A Vampire Love Story. Thanks for lifting my spirits (which were alreadly buoyed by all the wonderful people who've signed my Guestbook).