View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 07:23 PM
Holland Fan Forever
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivalalove (View Post)
Yeah, HJ was the one who ruined their "friendship" back in season 7. Back then, they just reminded me of dog/owner. HJ dating Sav would have been it for me. Finito, done, over. Stick a fork in it!

That shows they have to use their on/off friendship as a way for Anya to give her blessing. It's all just very fake IMO.
I agree that TPTB and the writers have to definitely make up some way for Anya to give her blessing to this awkward, forced relationship when in reality Anya is not like most people because most people wouldn't want to be treated badly and then have their so-called "best friend" date their ex and an ex that they actually cared about and I don't think Holly J will care for Sav like Anya did even if Sav wants her to. I think that Sav and Anya are really still just extensions of each other and that the real problem is that neither of them were actually developed on their own and they only really get to be in relationship storylines and not much else. Holly J is really the only character on the show since Season 7 who's actually been given storylines and real character development, the other characters who came on durinf Season 7 left in some way or another and for the most part that happened really quickly in my opinion. I think that it's one thing for someone to forgive someone else for something that they've said or done but, we never really see that with Sav and Anya with Holly J, it's implied but, that's not good enough to me and it reinforces the lazy,awkward writing that's only present in this storyline way more than any others. I think that TPTB and the writers put both Sav and Anya in position where they had to forgive Holly J for whatever she did even if she's never shown to be the least bit remorseful about what she does and to me there was no choice to be made because if Sav and Anya didn't forgive her I think that they would be even more irrelevant than they both already are.
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola