View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 02:27 PM
Kwinks
Loyal Fan

Quote:
From the promo it seems like we won't be seeing too much of those two. Have to say that it doesn't bother me in the slightest
Seriously.

I think that part of the reason I can't take Sav and Holly J seriously as a couple is because they don't appear to take themselves seriously as a couple.

They've said in their own words that they're just together to have fun. Now, if we maybe got to see some conflict between the two, or even separate, internal conflict, where they realize that there's more they want to the relationship and they maybe argue about that, or struggle with admitting that to themselves because they're afraid of "getting hurt" or whatever their reasons are, then it would be a start in the right direction.

And I get that that's the point. They're together because they both agreed to a non-serious relationship. It saves them the trouble of having to deal with the issues that come along with that. And that's great...for a couple that have no genuine feelings for each other. Supposedly, I'm expected to buy that people like Sav and Holly J would have meaningful feelings for each other, and yet, they have no serious relationship. The reason why? The only conclusion I can come to is that they don't find the other person worth the effort or trouble, otherwise they would be in that kind of relationship at this point. But they just don't want to have to deal with that.

I can understand why Sav may want to stay away from relationship drama: because he doesn't want his parents to get involved. He knows he can't tell them about her, and if he does end up in a serious relationship with her, I think he knows Holly J will expect him to tell his parents. And he doesn't want to be under that kind of pressure again. Whereas Holly J...well, she knows all about what happened with him and Anya, so she probably doesn't want to be in a real relationship with a guy who won't tell his parents about her. So it's either that, or the fact that I just don't think she likes Sav as much as he likes her. And a lot of you guys might even argue that Sav doesn't even really have true feelings for Holly J.

Now, clearly there's at least some physical attraction there, otherwise they wouldn't be using each other for "fun" unless they were really desperate. (Maybe they are ). But anyway, I do think Sav at least has a crush on Holly J, and I guess she must have some feelings for him as well, considering the way that she seemed upset when it looked like they were "breaking up" (for lack of a better word). But I just don't think the way their feelings are presented is that convincing.

Besides that, I don't really understand the attraction between them at all. But that's another thing entirely.

Last edited by Kwinks; 02-07-2011 at 02:34 PM