View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 08:22 AM
anjelica2
Part-Time Fan

**TLTR

I loved LoVe's bathroom makeout scene! Oh man, I wish Dair could get some decent makeout scenes, and LOTS of them if they hook-up and continue their secret affair.

DS fans are a lot calmer and they don't bash Dair a lot, it seems. They're tolerating the situation better. But also a lot of Chair fans are either converted or beginning to support Dair... I guess Chair fanbase has a lot of hardcore shippers... some of them remind me of Edward/Bella fans (and I don't necessarily mean this in a bad way).

I definitely think the writers have set them up to be a couple someday, maybe in season 3 (probably when Dan and Blair enter college / Yale). But Chair's popularity was too big to be ignored, so they continued with the "endgame" storyline. Part of me did wonder why Chuck's character necessarily had to stoop down to a whole level (whoring out Blair, sleeping with Jenny, etc.). His actions left me disgusted, and wondering if the writers were intentionally doing this (why, just to create drama?) But now in Season 4, Dan and Blair are bringing in their A-game with their comedic banters and intriguing "friendship"- I definitely think writers weren't against the whole DB thing from the start. Who knows what they've planned ahead, but DB is a perfect romantic comedy material. They're too epic to be ignored

(P&P's Elizabeth/Darcy, 'The Proposal's Margaret/Andrew type of relationships are textbook romances)