View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 03:13 PM
Kwinks
Loyal Fan

Quote:
If Sav's adult enough to date behind their back, I think he should be adult enough to be upfront with his parents.
Well, he was upfront with them, and they still didn't care about what he wanted. His parents wanted him to marry a girl that was Indian and Muslim and that was that. There's only so much arguing you can do. In the end, he still lives with his parents, so they get the final say. For some kids, they can be upfront with their parents and have the luxury of no consequences, because they're lucky enough to have parents that are more lenient and don't care about things like race, and some other kids don't. That's just how I see it, of course. I think that it might have been difficult for Anya to understand. Her parents probably don't care. But it's different for Sav.

Quote:
I don't think Anya necessarily brought it on herself at all. Anya loved him and wanted to give him a chance. Plus, the last time Sav promised her things would be different. I don't think Anya was wrong for wanting to trust someone she loved.
Yes, but if I knew a guy's family wasn't going to accept me, and there was nothing to be done, then I guess I'd either have to keep dating him without his parents' knowledge until he was old enough to live on his own and start making decisions without his parents' influence, or I would move on to someone else. When they broke up, it was because Sav wouldn't tell his parents about her, and then when he did, they didn't want him to date her. So, he lied and told her that his parents knew he was still dating her, because if his parents were really aware of it, they probably wouldn't have let them actually be together. And then the last time, he tells her things will be different, and I agree that he shouldn't have lied to her and made her think he would actually tell them, but she ends up breaking up with him for the last time after that anyway, because she realizes they're bad for each other. His parents would never have accepted her and Sav can't really do anything about it. We've seen what happens when he tries to go against them. They'll have none of it. And Anya wants to be with someone who doesn't have to sneak around with her. So it's better if they're not together. I was just glad the pairing finally came to an end because I thought the ship had reached that point where all it does is drag both characters down.

I guess it just became obvious to me after whole thing with his parents and the concert, how strict they are. In order to do go to a concert, Sav had to sneak out and things ended badly for him. Now, if Sav had told his parents he was still dating Anya, I assume they would have tried to constantly put a stop to it. And I don't know if I think telling his parents would be worth it if it meant that he and Anya would just have to end up dating behind their back either way.

But my opinion on this is going to be different than everyone else's anyway, considering personal experiences. So don't pay attention to me and my bitterness.

Last edited by Kwinks; 01-22-2011 at 03:43 PM