View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 05:07 PM
'Tos
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia
alright, I'll watch that episode...if really have to
You do! Every episode, moment, scene! Everything!

Quote:
that really made me think of when Andy really stopped living. We know he really only existed when Julia was alive. And nothing out of the operating room made sense. I think once Andy got his degree, he stopped seeing how the world really lived. So therefore, twenty years later I guess, he really didn't know how the world lived. How kids related to their parents. How kids need to rebel and gain their inependence and maybe not leave the country to do it. I do believe Andy learned that skill...just a bit later in life is all.
Hmm, that's an excellent point. He kind of has to discover everything again, especially how to be a parent. We saw in one of the early episodes that disconnect between when he was a kid and when Ephram is a kid when he said he would have killed to have learned how to drive a boat and Ephram didn't. Things have changed.

And I very much agree that Andy did learn how kids are now. Better late than never.

I do agree about missing the Harold/Edna banter a little. I like their grown up relationship very much, but that doesn't mean they can't playfully go at each other for old times' sake.

Quote:
So how many people believe that evn after Rose's cancer went away (yes i'm passed that episode too lol) that Harold still felt guilty about not recognizing the symptoms sooner and identifying the cancer?
*raises hand* I think that Harold will always feel guilty over that, always kick himself over it. That`s still one of the saddest Harold scenes for me in S3, where he basically pours his heart out to Andy over not noticing the signs despite being a doctor. Gosh, I can`t even imagine what he went through.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood