View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 11:30 AM
Holland Fan Forever
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwinks (View Post)
Well, Sav had some scenes in the beginning of the Boiling Point that didn't include Holly J, but now, yeah, she's really all he has to give him plots besides Alli. And yes, Holly J could easily be a stand-alone character if the writers let her, unlike Sav, because, as you said, she doesn't need Sav to have a plot on the show. But I feel like the writers aren't doing that with her. They're just letting this relationship hold her character back.
Those scenes and whatever plotlines that were supposed to there with Sav were just dropped and dropped quickly and I think for many people it was just too little and too late for Sav to finally get some attention on his own. I think that looking back that the that those scenes with Sav in the beginning of this season just meant nothing but, I am not surprised that both Sav and Anya got their storylines dropped and or changed quickly because I don't think that the writers and the powers cared all that much for either Sav or Anya separately or together and they are really just extensions of each other and never really going to be given much to do on their own. I think that yes, this storyline is holding Holly J back but because she's on-screen a lot without Sav even now and has people to actually interact with like Fiona so Holly J does and has had time on-screen without Sav and in fact Sav seems to be completely out of sight and completely out of mind for Holly J and the writers and powers that be. I think that some of this Holly J only screen time where she was with other characters who aren't Sav could've easily been about the two of them but, it isn't and it again reinforced that the writers and the powers that be prefer Holly J alone over anything to do with Sav and their relationship and that someone who's part of the "Degrassi" powers that be isn't interested in Sav alone or with Holly J and I mean where was Sav between "Love Lockdown" and "Halo?" Holly J didn't go completely M.I.A. like that it was just Sav. Sav really doesn't have anyone to interact with outside of his family and even there Alli is the person that the writers are concerned about it's not and won't ever be about Sav.

In my opinion Sav is bringing Holly J down but, in reality he would bring anyone he was dating down because Sav was never important enough to the writers and the powers that be to actually give anything constructive to do or say and by the time it started to happen this season it was too little, too late. The the writers and the powers that be made it so obvious that they were concerned about and wanted to give their time and energy to the younger kids and when Sav was one of the younger kids it was never really about him and instead about others around him and so I thought that it would be a hard sell to say the least to make anything about him now because even if it was I don't think it would be something that would be sincerely invested in by the writers and the powers that be and let's be honest they have never hidden that fact. I can't support a ship where it's all about one person all the time and the other person is just written like a complete after thought.
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola