View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 08:26 AM
Kwinks
Loyal Fan

Okay, I have genuinely tried to like this pairing. I really have. But I just don't understand the point of it. I mean, really, what were the writers thinking when they threw this mess together?

First of all, I mean, it's clear to me that with Savvy J, they're trying to pull another Spinner/Emma thing, you know? In order to wrap up their time on the show with a nice little bow, they're going to put these two characters together, who've barely interacted before this season, to give them a "happy ending", because they both apparently need someone to be endgame with. I mean, it's obviously not as ridiculous as Spinner/Emma. Savvy J have been together for the majority of the season and it's not like they got married in Vegas after a drunken night of partying. But still, it's so freakin' random. They have absolutely nothing in common with each other beside the fact that they're both in student council. So, is that all they talk about when they're together?

Not to mention the thing that annoys me the most, which is that it's completely unrealistic to have Sav hook up with the girl who played a hand in manipulating him into thinking he's a teen dad just so she could win the school election. I mean, it's not even like she apologized. I don't know about anyone else, but I would never date someone after that.

Sav is clearly there to simply be an accessory to Holly J's character. They haven't even given Sav any issues of his own since I Just Don't Know What to Do With Myself. Even in the plot coming up with him and Alli, it's obvious that it's just another storyline that's going to focus on another character instead of him (aka Alli). I mean, I think Sav's a nice guy, but that's really all his character's got going for him. Holly J is ten times as three-dimensional, and really, I hate that she's getting screen time only when she's with Sav now. The whole thing bothers me. I mean, both of them are living in this la-la fantasy world where they have zero problems. The only issues in this relationship were Declan in the beginning, who Holly J seemed to get over a little too quickly in my opinion, and the whole Jenna thing, but it was obvious from the beginning that Jenna didn't even have a chance with Sav, so...I didn't really consider it conflict. At least the other couples on the show this season (even if I don't like most of them) had serious problems in their relationships and it hasn't been smooth sailing with them. I feel like with Sav/Holly J...the whole thing is just too simple. I mean, it's obvious where their whole storyline is going to end up. They'll angst for a little at the end of next season's Boiling Point about whether or not they should stay together, because "like, OMG, I totally wasn't expecting to actually fall for you and want a serious relationship, but now I do and I want to continue this mess of a relationship into college", and then they'll decide to stay together and the whole thing will probably end in some ridiculously cheesy, Hollywood movie, "inspirational" kiss scene. Unless they both come to their senses, surprise us all, and actually do what they said they were going to do and break up after graduation. But I think that's too much to hope for at this point.

I just feel like this is one of those couples that Degrassi is famous for, where they randomly pick two people and shove them together. I usually don't believe in joining Anti threads, but I have to make an exception this time.

Last edited by Kwinks; 01-13-2011 at 11:20 AM