View Single Post
Old 07-02-2005, 07:48 PM
eatyourgreens
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopace1970
Well, DC wasn't big on realism. And something bad always has to happen after the girls had sex on dc! The guys could have sex and nothing bad happens.
Good point. Didn't think about it that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe84
Who says Pacey is better than Dawson? No one is better than the other, I think. And the writers did not make it seem that way either, to me. They are both different yea, and will do different things that will make them a gentlemen. Just as you say Dawson gave flowers among other things and Pacey did the things that Joey mentioned and more (I can't go through now). But we are not talking about what Dawson did that was perfect or what not, this is only about this episode and its only showing what Pacey is doing and does for his girlfriend. And also what matters is that Joey thinks that what pacey does for her are meaningful and caring. Same thing goes for the flowers Dawson gave her in their first date. It made her feel girly or all kinds of cute. And it was nice of Dawson to respect her decision to wait for sex, as you said (even though they really haven't discussed in depth about sex when together in the seasons other than Joey mentioning a few times that she wanted her first to be with Dawson so did Dawson before and after they broke up during season 1 or/and 2. But tell me if I'm wrong with proof, ok? I don't think the writers were trying to force Pacey as the better man. Its just that it was Paceys turn to show what he is made of because we have already seen Dawson's. It can't always be about him, you know.
Hey Bebe. I think a lot of what you said above is correct, and we actually share the same viewpoints (well, except the little couple thing ) It just seemed that toward the end of S3 and through S4 that they were mentioning a lot of extra nice stuff about Pacey and having Dawson so bitter, that they wanted you to hate Dawson. Although many didn't really take this to heart, some did. It just seemed that they were begging me to support Pacey/Joey and make them the victims (more S3 here) when there really were none (well, maybe Dawson-because of the way that he found out).
The scene I was talking about in regards to Dawson/Joey was in S2, when they're in the rowboat talking about sex and Dawson says "The night is still young" and Joey said "So are we."