View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 04:51 PM
'Tos
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty
I don't know about that. I'm wondering exactly what kind of bully Bright was. I don't believe that he was the type of bully who had goons and beat other kids up. I think that he was the type of bully who was sure of himself and asserted himself on others by his mere presence and words..and that was it. What do you guys think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolfi
I agree, I think Bright at the beginning was supposed to represent the regular cool and athletic bully guy at school. But we get to know very fast that he is far away from this. I just think that in a situation with a "geek" saying these kind of this to the coolest guy at school, he would probably need to defend his rumour or something.
Agreed with both of you. I can't imagine Bright beating people up, or letting goons beat people up. Even this Bright, who is so different from the Bright we all know and adore. Intimidation was definitely his thing. And writing in girls' handwriting, apparently.

I'm also wondering if Bright and Colin were bullies, or if Bright became more of a bully once Colin was in a coma? Kind of a defense mechanism since his best friend was no longer there? Because when Colin comes back, it's not like they walk around beating people up and stealing their lunch money. They're just...popular.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote