View Single Post
Old 07-01-2005, 11:12 AM
Augusta
Master Fan

Thanks for the summaries, Ken!

One of my favorite episodes is, in fact, Deer God. Everything about that episode, I think, was beautifully written and well done. I love the beginning, when Andy discovers it's a deer in the house and says to Ephram, "Stand back. He might have a gun." Too funny. And, dont ask why, but I thought the sight of Ephram holding Delia was soooo cute and made him look all the more hotter. What is it with hot guys holding babies or small children??? Anyhow..
I loved the line where Ephram says, "She keeps looking at me funny. Like she's thinking she doesn't know where she is" and in response, Andy says, "She's a wild animal. She's thinking 'hi. Are you made of food?'". Absolutely loved that line! I loved the other storyline going on in this episode; Delia's mission to find proof of god. I thgouht it was very well done and once again, little Vivien did phenominal. I love her and Edna's friendship!
I cannot put into words how moving and amazing Ephram/Greg's breakdown was towards the end of this episode, when they discover the reserve isn't any good. So amazing. I dont know if any of you saw the commentary for 'The Unveiling' but in that commentary, Greg and Treat talk about this episode, and how the Deer would literally drag Greg around betwen takes and during that emotional scene, how they had a deer 'tamer' (sp?) talking to the deer, while Greg got ready to do this emotional scene. I just can't get the idea of the deer dragging Greg around out of my head. Must have been very funny!

I absolutely love this scene between Ephram and Andy:

Quote:
[Cut to the woods at night. Ephram is trying to light a fire.]

DR. BROWN: You know, if you shield it from the wind...

EPHRAM: Don't! You are forbidden from dispensing advice on anything, ever! You're fired!

[He manages to light it and puts it into the stack of wood but it quickly goes out.]

DR. BROWN: If you just put a piece of...

EPHRAM: ...Fired!

DR. BROWN: Fine. You drive.

EPHRAM: Come on. Come on.

[This match lights but goes out just as quick.]

EPHRAM: AH!

[Ephram gives up, exhausted, then remembers the flare gun. He reaches for it and shoots it straight at the fire. The procedure works. Ephram looks pleased with himself.]

DR. BROWN: That's one way of doing it.
I love the end, when Ephram goes to Amy and tells her he lied, but has made up for it. This may sopund weird, but I was very proud of Ephram; putting Amy and her feelings for Colin before his own feelings for her. So proud!

Okay, well I can go on and on about this episode here. I'll move onto the next one..

The other episode, 'The Doctor Is In' was alright. Wasn't the best ever. I thgouht the idea of a traveling psycologist was pretty neat. I'm glad that Andy decided to meet with her, and talk. And I'm glad it helped him decide on what to do about Colin. I think it's too bad that Delia wasn't allowed to play with Magilla anymore because he liked to play 'girl' things. My little brother, who is 11, will sometimes play barbies with my 5 yr old niece because she begs him to. Is that wrong? Parents, I tell ya! lol!