View Single Post
Old 02-26-2004, 12:27 PM
gluglug
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I can see Luke defending his decision to give the money to Lorelai and defending his relationship with Lorelai to Nicole next week. From the past, Luke doesn't like to be reminded of his feelings for Lorelai.
I don't want a repeat of the Rachel goodbye scene from LDAT. He'll deny it at first but I want her to push him into saying something true. He doesn't have to say "I love Lorelai" but I'd like him to admit that his feelings may be much deeper than friendship. Make him do some thinking about what he wants from his life. And then do something about it.

People have mentioned a softening of Luke lately. He wasn't as gruff or grumpy in this past episode - except when confronted with the idea of Nicole knowing about the money. He seems more openly tenderhearted, even towards Kirk and his doggie antics. I loved how Lorelai was shocked that he knew Snuggles' name. She repeated it twice!

I think he was in a better mood b/c of the meltdown in the park. Not that he wanted to see Lor hurting, but that she was hurting, and turned to him for help and he was able to help her out, by offering comfort and then giving her the money. That's what Luke lives for - fixing things, he was able to fix a problem for the woman he loves. He's feeling fulfilled and is therefore softening.

We've talked about how they balance each other. Luke's love for Lor and Rory softens him. And Lor's love for Luke softens her as well.