View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 09:01 PM
amous05
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveuever (View Post)
Wow, you can still stay positive!

Tbqh I've gone from upset/mad to really sick of the show's treatment of Brittana. It looks like Brittana will never be taken seriously by RM
I'm trying to stay positive! ...this is what I don't understand, I thought there was a lot of buzz around the brittany/santana relationship. It was mentioned at comic con, fox released this glee season 2 Q&A (but it was only a snippet of the questions, the full in depth Q&A wasn't released) and one of the 5 or so questions they showed were "what's going on with brittany and santana?" I paraphrased that question, but regardless...there have been many interviews about it...ryan and the writers have talked about it. anyway, what I'm trying to say is, it seemed like Ryan murphy trys his best to work in what the fans want, but why would he all the sudden be like "brittany/santana relationship, not working, lets cut it?" Like, it just doesn't make sense to me. I mean, I don't see this huge mass of "Brittany/artie" shippers making all this noise out there, so where is this coming from?

Let's say, we are looking at this all wrong, let's say the writers still have Brittana in mind: A positive theory for me would be...ok, ryan and the writers are trying to make this brittany/santana thing work, while still keeping in their mean girl/whatever-ness that they bring to the show. Maybe...by steering brittany into a brittany/artie story line, they could start to develope and make a more meaningful/realistic transition into a brittana storyline. After the duets episode, (and santanas freak out about the duet) it can't show them all the sudden being in love *insert mush here*, whatever. There needs to be a transition into that. Santana has shown that she cares for brittany, but (as i mentioned) in the duet episode seemed "panicked" when brittany brought up singing a romantic duet with her, and then jealous of brittany's time with artie. So, in order to extend on that story more, maybe the writers are thinking...what if brittany starts dating artie?...they can now start to develope the storyline that Sanatana IS jealous, and they could begin to show a different side to her...and show HER realizing that she really has feelings for brittany afterall...while brittany, still caring for santana, is with artie because he's probably the nicest most caring guy she's ever been with. But, it's not santana. Maybe this is a good developmental plot line for these two...

Or...Theory 2: The writers really have decided, okay, let's just drop this Brittana storyline all together.

But i just don't understand why they would? So far with Glee, I feel like there hasn't been a storyline brought up, that they have just dropped completely...i've always felt like they are very thorough and always have a direction in mind. I do think this season with the new characters, guests, etc...they are cramming too much into the show at times...so I'm hoping they will focus more on the original characters. But I don't know...

I think the best thing we can do...is to keep brittana alive! We need to make noise, and somehow get ryan murphy/the glee writers attention...we need to tell them we still want brittana!