View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 04:38 AM
Schumiac
Fan Forum Star

Welcome everyone!

I don't really see chemistry between them but I think they make good friends. Damon could use an older vampire friend to vent off to and call him out on his crap when he is "pretending". In a way I think it helps him out in figuring the "vampire" stuff as well as accepting his own humanity/feelings better.

Her explanation about the switch was very interesting, how they have it as a newborn but couple hundred years later it is no longer there. That may be why so many of the "older" vampires we have met seemed more interested in making it work with humans, I guess. And Damon finding out there is no way back, not really is probably going to help him along with motivating him more to find a way to deal with having emotions more as his "switch" has certainly entered its "malfunction" mode.

And I also absolutely loved how he took care of her when she was hurt, taking her to safety, trying to calm her down, "feeling" for her. I like it when we see his softer side like that.

I have a weird fondness for that "after sex" pose they had with Damon's head resting way back, looking at the ceiling. One gets the impression they have been talking a lot and it somehow lifting some weight off him, like he really needed to talk to someone and finally has a person.
Love crime

LOGH