View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 08:56 PM
kaleidocat
Elite Fan

Continuing the idea of a different rape scenario: I'd like to something that was a bit of a "he said, she said" situation. Maybe we never see the scene where the guy and the girl are alone together right before the sex act occurs. We just hear of it the next day as the girl mentions it to her friends. And then the accusations start. Possibly even law enforcement becomes involved (but I wouldn't exactly expect charges to stick). I would assume that people at school would feel like they had to pick sides between both parties. It would be interesting what dialogue is exchanged between them all. And all the while we as viewers never really know what happened other than what these two character's describe.

That was partially inspired by all the discussion that has been happening on the board here regarding Love Lockdown.

And also I've been thinking about this one incident at my high school this past week. I went to a small school so you hear about basically everything that happened so it wasn't unusual for me as a sophomore to be aware of situations involving seniors. And in this case it was a couple that had been dating all through high school, they were even a pair of homecoming candidates. And the date rape happened sometime prior to that week. I remember seeing the girl crying prior to to the ceremony. The boyfriend wasn't present in school. I have no idea if he wasn't allowed to attend or he was arrested or what. I wasn't aware of a trial or anything, but hey, it wasn't any of my business. I just know that he was never gone for an extended period of time and he graduated with his class. Can you imagine how awkward and painful that must have been for the girl to have all these classes with the guy and be forced to interact with him all year?