View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 12:24 PM
PurplexMoon
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandbabe (View Post)
^^

I agree. I don't know the statistics, but I'd wager at least half DON'T. So having every character on the show lose it is extremely unrealistic.

That said, I don't think eClare will sleep together. I really hope they don't. I think it's just the promos trying to make Clare's (rushed) breakdown look dramatic.

BTW, I would have preferred Clare's rebellion to be a season long plot. Instead it so rushed (4 episodes back to back?) that it makes little impact. I like how Fiona's drinking problem/anxiety was handled in the boiling point. It had a more realistic build up.

This annoys me. The last time she interacted with the tenners was when Alli danced on the field at the beginning of the boiling point. The dropped friendships are really grating. The writers need to step up the continuity.
Yeah I'm pretty sure the statistics that don't are around half. It's pretty unrealistic for every teenager to have sex and be in a serious relationship during high school. The only characters who have graduated a virgin from Degrassi are Ellie, Toby and Jimmy. Possibly Danny and Hazel, but their sexual history was never really brought up.

I hope they don't either. But I agree that the promos are probably just misleading.

I agree. I'm not very happy with 4 episodes in a row revolving around Clare. They could have developed the storyline more and have it progress throughout the season rather than having it all rushed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivalalove (View Post)
People have been complaining about the overkill with the same characters being in episodes week after week also. At least over the summer, a set of characters got the two parter and then another set got the next one. But no, this time around it's all about Eli/Clare (not much a difference from The Boiling Point either). We haven't seen Zane, Riley or Owen at all yet.

The fact that she hasn't spoken to Connor, who was portrayed as her best friend when they both first appeared in season 8, is quite sad. I know that people grow and change and move on, but they haven't had any contact at all really.
It's pretty unfair. Dave hasn't showed up either. Riley and Zane are two of my favorite characters and we have yet to see them. I don't understand why it's so hard to balance out the characters.

I have no idea why she hasn't kept in contact with Connor and it's pretty unrealistic. Sure people can grow apart, but they really never spoke again and it's a little strange. Especially considering that Season 9 was only 2 weeks after Season 8.