View Single Post
Old 10-23-2010, 12:52 PM
PurplexMoon
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellifluouscloud (View Post)
YES. I THOUGHT THAT TOO. (I'm too lazy to pull up the anti-Eclare thread but whatever, this is relevant.) It felt like... did the writers really think we wouldn't remember that scene from 3 years ago? I mean. It wasn't that long ago. It was literally the EXACT same set-up, the dialogue was almost identical, the whole reason behind it was the same. I'm tempted to splice together both scenes side-by-side just to see the comparison.

As for her acting out re: her parents' divorce, I thought that was odd as well, but I don't have a whole lot of knowledge about divorce/coping methods, so maybe I shouldn't judge. I just thought the whole scene was weird... I honestly felt nothing. Like I didn't feel sorry for her at all, and it had less to do with my feelings about the character and more to do with the story being really over-the-top. And we have to endure more of it in the next two episodes. Hurray.

I hope Mr. and Mrs. Edwards remember to tell their other daughter that they're getting divorced. Actually, wait. I hope Mr. and Mrs. Edwards remember that they have another daughter.
I was reading in another thread that the same person apparently who wrote last night's episode also wrote Owner of a Lonely Heart. Whoever it is shouldn't be writing anymore considering they can't even come up with anything original.

Even though my hatred for her character did have some to do with me not feeling sorry for her, even if I liked her I still probably wouldn't have felt bad for her. Mainly because of the immature way she acted and constantly throwing Eli under the bus for no reason.

I wouldn't hold my breath on that. The last time I remember Darcy being mentioned was by Peter last season. Clare or her parents have yet to mention her in a long long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worththeriskx (View Post)
yeah, the only difference was in this plot Eli was basically thrown under the bus. he wanted her parents to like him.
Yes, and at least in the Janny scene, Jay and Manny weren't really dating and the whole dinner was to make her parents hate him. Eli and Clare are actually dating, what kind of person would want their parents to hate their boyfriend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivalalove (View Post)
I think it's time Clare realizes what it's like to be embarrassed or feel insecure. Because Eli seems to have more sense than I initially thought, I think he needs to ditch her and stay single for a while. Whatever happened to their friend Adam? Oh, Clare probably sees no problem with having a boyfriend and ignoring her friends because that's what you're "supposed" to do in a committed relationship.

They've been dating for a couple of weeks and she says I'm losing everything I love and he responds with not me? Don't flatter yourself dude. And when she says she wants to spend the night with him, I think she ran away from home or her parents kicked her out and she has nowhere to stay. However, they need to address the abstinence thing soon.
I wish she would, but I don't see that happening. Eli "loves" her. Ignoring her friends of the opposite sex when she's in a relationship is usual Clare behavior. She did the exact same thing to Connor in Season 9. Once Connor helped Clare and KC get together, Clare never spoke to Connor again. She's such a great friend, huh?

That just made me roll my eyes, but they're trying to portray Clare and Eli as the perfect couple so it didn't shock me. I agree about addressing the abstinence thing, but I think they might not mention it if they do sleep together in order to Clare look more perfect.