View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 09:46 AM
sum1
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneLady (View Post)
And just a word to you sum1: We can dislike whoever we want, it's our right. To us she was just plain annoying and not relatable at all.

I too, understand why she was brought in. And she had a right to be angry about things. But that doesn't mean that she was a good character.
The show just got worse with her and then the whole Spike/Buffy thing (you probably liked that too).
Maybe I would have liked her more if she was played by another actress who wouldn't have made her come across the way she did, I don't know.
But as it was I didn't like her at all, and I wasn't the only one.
Talking to us like we didn't understand her or why she was brought into the show to begin with is not going to change my opinion.
So stop defending her like she's some holy being we all have to like.
You need to tone down the aggression, BoneLady.

Quote:
The show just got worse with her and then the whole Spike/Buffy thing (you probably liked that too).
The Buffy/Spike relationship was the best relationship on the show. And there were some bad ones (Buffy/Angel, Xander/Anya).

Quote:
We can dislike whoever we want, it's our right.
Quote:
So stop defending her like she's some holy being we all have to like.
You can dislike her and I can defend her.

Quote:
Maybe I would have liked her more if she was played by another actress who wouldn't have made her come across the way she did, I don't know.
The actress did a spectacular job. Humor, vulnerability, humanity, liveliness.

Quote:
Talking to us like we didn't understand her or why she was brought into the show to begin with is not going to change my opinion.
I never did anything of the sort. When did I say you didn't understand why she was brought into the show? I never did.

Quote:
But that doesn't mean that she was a good character.
She was an excellent cheracter because the actress brought out her vulnerability and humanity, made her funny, and interacted well with actors like SMG (Buffy) and James Marsters (Spike).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronson (View Post)
Dawn had her good points. Loved her fighting along side Buffy in Season Six finale but with the exception of a few episodes was wasted in Season 7.
There was a dose of great Dawn stuff in earlier season 7, but she was shoved into the background after that, to the detriment of the show.