View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 06:14 AM
Elite Fan

This Week: Movies/DVD (Oct. 11-18)

Quote:
How to Train Your Dragon (2010)
A fast-paced action-oriented animated feature that's also about friendship, How to Train Your Dragon is a lot of fun, and even a little inventive (for Dreamworks, anyway). Well worth a look, though more violent than it might appear (there's a lot of video on the video page). The two-disc version comes with a sequel short, Legend of the BoneKnapper Dragon. More details below the jump.

Dollhouse: The Complete Season 2 (2009)
It was a noble effort, but Joss Whedon's latest project was not a complete success. I haven't been this uneasy with the sophomore season of a show I really wanted to see succeed since Jericho—though there are a lot of amazing moments in season 2, especially in the last few episodes. Not a complete success, but definitely not a failure, and we still love Joss Whedon and Eliza Dushku. Features: Defining moments: a retrospective with Joss Whedon; Looking back: roundtable with Joss Whedon and cast; Commentaries on select episodes; Deleted scenes and outtakes.

Ghost Whisperer: The Final Season (2009)
It didn't have to be the last outing for Melinda Gordon—Ghost Whisperer was still strong, both creatively and in ratings, and the final season proves it. Features: The other side webseries; Grave mistakes - a spooky interactive game through a haunted cemetery; Interactive haunted dollhouse - help Jim's spirit escape from a ghostly dollhouse!; Interactive fashion style guide - see the Ghost Whisperer character's costumes come to life; Love Never Dies - cast and crew interviews on the show's dramatic season; The Jamie Kennedy experiment - a behind-the-scenes look at Jamie Kennedy; Scoring the spirit world - composer Mark Snow discusses Ghost Whisperer's haunting score.
Source