View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 08:55 PM
starsprite
Total Fan

Angsty Artists {Craig ♥ Ashley} #136: Forever yours, faithfully.

{♥}Welcome to the 136th Angsty Artists (Craig Manning and Ashley Kerwin) Appreciation Thread!{♥}

{A: But you're okay?
C: I'm crazy Ash.
A: You're not crazy.
C: Maybe you should go.
A: I don't want to.
I'm not leaving Craig.
C: The first time we dated was a disaster.
This time was a nuclear.
A: We're not over.
C: So you're here with me?
A: Absolutely}

+Voices Carry

Celebrating 100 Threads of Craig and Ashley Love
After 100 threads and over 100 shippers, we're still here loving Crash as much as ever!

Learn about the characters...Craig Manning {Jake Epstein} and Ashley Kerwin {Melissa McIntrye}
{Troubled, artistic, and passionate, Craig Manning has twice the angst of any other eighteen-year old. Whether it’s being the center of love triangles or struggling with his bipolarity, or his recent cocaine addiction, Craig’s life is plagued with problems. Yet, despite his dark past, which includes an abusive father and a mother who died of cancer, Craig has somehow maintained a great sense of humor and a romantic spirit. He's learned how to be a great stepson to Joey Jeremiah, a good brother to Angie Jeremiah, and a loving boyfriend. His songs have earned him the admiration of ex Manny Santos, the appreciation of BFF Ellie Nash, and the love of Ashley Kerwin, the other half of Degrassi’s power couple. Even when he’s most cocky and breaking the hearts of girls, this heartthrob still oozes charm and personality, and we always manage to forgive him.}

{Because if he really loved Kate,
he wouldn't want to change her.
He'd love her for who she is}
+Craig in Dressed in Black

{Degrassi’s resident chameleon, Ashley Kerwin is a combination of mysterious beauty, strong compassion, and creative expression. These traits have lead to appreciation from Jimmy Brooks and Sean Cameron, and love from Craig Manning. Throughout her transformations from teacher’s pet to goth girl to rocker chick to vintage princess, she’s channeled her thoughts into lyrics, both poetic and musical, all while being a soundboard for Craig and her friends in times of need. While she does have a penchant for not confronting certain issues in her life, it makes her more real as she grows into her own person, learning from her mistakes. Her family life has been altered, by both her father coming out to her and remarrying, along with Kate’s recent relationship with boyfriend Jeff, but Ashley rolled with the punches and found her place in each. In season 4, the formerly moody poet lightened up and opened herself up to love again with Craig before jetting to England. Once returning, she also has an altered attitude, more care-free, and even though her relationship with Craig hasn’t been addressed, we know she’ll always be in the front row, cheering him on because it’s in her nature.}

{Really? Wow. I guess
I knew he was always
destined for greatness}

+Ashley in High Fidelity

The Story of Crash (Craig&Ashley)

Why do the Angsty Artists support CrAsh?

{From their bashful days as friends to their angry rocker phase to their angsty declarations of love, we can't get enough of Craig Manning and Ashley Kerwin. No one understands Ashley more than Craig, her mental and musical soulmate, encouraging her creativity and opinionated nature. He loves her when she has a sharp tongue, is icy, throughout all her transformations. Deep down, he sees the girl we love-- someone who's compassionate, classy, and worth the wait. At the same time, Ashley has endured opposition from her family and friends to try and make it work, finding it in herself to forgive the boy who loves her for who she is. Bravely standing up for Craig in VC and to Craig in RRHS, she brought the best out of our boy.

Locker leans, Shrew practice, GM petitions....they support each other's interests and ideas, throughout season 2. Naturally, Craig chooses Ashley to share his troubled past with, resulting in one of the most respected and satisfying finales of Degrassi. Season three proved to be an ultimate test, with the popular, cheating storyline, yet it was CrAsh out of the two Craig ships who made amends, leaving the AAs hungry for more. Boy, did they get more. In season four, a slew of episodes confirmed what we knew all along-- that CrAsh will see each other through the best of days, exciting recording sessions/ band interviews, or the worst of days, Craig's episodes in VC. It's no wonder we still hope for a reconciliation down the line. In our hearts, we know, and they know, they are "so, so not over."}

Learn About Us...The Fans

{PM Ria or Nicole to be added to the shipppers list}

Why We Love Crash

{There are many reasons we love Crashley, but mostly it's because they will always be there for eachother. We've seen that in past episodes, how Craig helped Ashley realize she shouldn't change for someone else, and how Ashley helped Craig through his fathers death, and his bipolarity. And the summer will make them stronger and make them realize how much they do in fact love and need eachother. Also for the fact that after Craig, cheated on her last year, she was willing to give him another chance. That say's a lot.}

Craig and Ashley had one of the most natural, genuine beginnings on television. They both needed to be in each others life at that point and it turned their world upside down completely. From that point their problems were handled realistically and weren't handled to make them look perfect. That only made their solution all the more special and believeable that it would bring them closer. They have come farther in their time together from start to finish then most tv couples go their entire run. By their final season their love for each other was not "in your face" but it was very easy to see how strongly they cared for each other. They may have other relationships that are even more "on/off" but the emotional effort they each put into those pales in comparison to all they went through with each other. No matter how much the writing has screwed with their story, at every screw up there is even more potential for them created. They may have killed the characters at this point in time, what they meant to each other hasn't dared to be messed with. They're too afraid to deal with it right now.
-- Kathy

Craig and Ashley are the ultimate couple because they are the whole package. They are a realistic and honest teen couple that I've always been able to relate to and love discussing because there are so many layers to them. Jake and Melissa play so well off each other and the result is an amazing range of emotionally intense scenes; scenes that can only happen when a couple has intense passion for each other. They have their sweet moments and moments of angst, all which have this amazing energy and feel genuine. Though both Craig and Ashley are troubled, they seem to really balance each other out and understand each other. As a bonus, I never know what to expect next with Crash. They are such a surprising couple.
-- Nicole

Craig and Ashley are the ultimate couple for so many reasons. Besides being beautiful, talented, intelligent and musically-inclined, Craig and Ashley share a deep connection and bond that grew incredibly strong over time. The love that they have for one another is undeniable. They don’t throw out the term “love” without substance and feeling behind it. The build-up they were given to come to that point is rare for any couple on Degrassi. There are negative moments throughout their relationship, but they aren’t simply glossed over. The lows of their characters help to mold the highs, which therefore creates an ideal balance. No couple is perfect and Crash certainly doesn’t pretend to be. They have worked hard over the years to get to a point of understanding, comfort, friendship, love and passion. When they are together, they are each other’s best friend and lover all at once, which is a beautiful thing.
-- Jen

Craig and Ashley are the ultimate couple because out of all the couples from D:TNG they received the most development. They made it through some of the most stressful obstacles in couple could endure. They survived Craig cheating, they survived Craig's bipolar disorder, and it is just a matter of time before they overcome Ashley staying in England. No other couple in D:TNG a had practically a whole season dedicated to them like CrAsh.
-- Leigh

Craig and Ashley are the ultimate couple because not only do they fight to be with one another, but they fight the odds. Their storylines are consistent, wonderfully written, and there are no hints of randomess or a lack of depth. They are shaped by their history, rather than reliant on their history. They have a shown, established connection rather than an assumed connection. Seasons 2-4 is a testament to their strength and the faith the writers have in the ultimate DTNG couple.
-- Nikki

Craig and Ashley are the ultimate couple because every season that both Craig and Ashley have been in, they have shared the screen. They have been through so much, yet it comes back to their story. Crash has attracted so many different kinds of fans who have remained loyal and true to their ship through the roughest times and I believe that shows dedication that the couple has been able grasp a hold to these fans, which not all couples can do with their fans. There are also the little moments, that don’t take as much notice along with the big ones, that you realize how much they really mean to each other, proving all the more how "ultimate they are" This couple has been through quite a few issues together and their story is far from over.
-- Ria

Want to re-live the 50th? The 100th?

Our Extra Links

Links
+ Angsty Artists Photobucket Password: craigashley
+ Nicole's Photobucket The Best Place for Caps
+Craig and Ashley Fanlisting! Every Wish
+Crash C2 Community on Fanfiction.net
+Craig and Ashley: Daily at Livejournal
+The Angsty Artists Online at Myspace
+Craig Manning and Ashley Kerwin at Music Myspace
+ Angsty Artists on Twitter
+The Angsty Artists Online Gallery at Craig-Ashley.com

{A: Look, I’m nervous too.
But I mean you’ll be there
and all I have to do is look
over at you and I’ll be fine.
So, you wanted to tell me something?}

+Ashley, to Craig in Neutron Dance

{C: Going somewhere?
A: Are you?
C: Soon. I’m gonna go home. I think we owe everyone a dance.
*He takes her hand and they start walking to the dance floor*
C: You can ask.
*They start dancing*
A: Ask what?
C: How I’m doing. I won’t go psycho.
A: How are you doing Craig?
C: Better}

+Craig&Ashley in Tears Are Not Enough

+ Soundtrack - Download The Mix: Crash 100