View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 11:16 PM
BryceLarkinFanForever
Absolute Fan

At first I thought it was too abrupt to switch during the commercial between Kitty at the hospital saying goodbye to Robert and then it was after the memorial service, but then I saw Kitty at the site of the accident laying down the flowers and the Walkers' toast to Robert, and I thought, this IS the real memorial tribute to Robert, this was perfect in true Walker fashion. Rather than showing another funeral of sad faces and speeches, it was about celebrating Robert's life and spirit, about moving on and going forward, something that Robert did a lot in life, and it was truly fitting.

And besides, if they had shown a funeral service or a goodbye montage, I would have been crying my eyes out for hours, and I think I did enough of that to last a lifetime during last season finale when the light faded from Robert's beautiful blue eyes.

I guess a part of me had been hoping that they would keep Robert on, but I think this is better, to let Robert go. Everything about Robert McCallister was moving along, keeping it going, look to the future, Robert wouldn't want to be kept in a vegetative state on life support. It was the right decision to let go, Robert would never want Kitty to stay still, he would want her to go on, be happy, and have the life for her and Evan that she always dream of and wants.

I think this one year jump is a very good idea in the end, they were able to use the tragedy to bring back the Walkers in their true form and give it another fresh start. Life goes on, the world keeps spinning.

So I guess, this is the final goodbye to the beloved Robert Alexander McCallister. Senator, Father, Husband, Son, Brother, and Best Friend.

We will miss you Robert!

---------------

Kitty and the Walkers have said their goodbyes, now it's time I did too.

Here's my video tribute to our beloved Senator Robert McCallister!
YouTube - Shine Your Light ~ Robert McCallister (Brothers & Sisters)

JEFFREY MACE|PATRIOT

Last edited by BryceLarkinFanForever; 09-27-2010 at 03:35 AM