View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 07:08 AM
Rachey1984
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seersha (View Post)
Another emotional Joey moment... her confronting her father wearing the wire. Fantastic acting by Katie.
This is one of my favourite performances by Katie throughout DC. Throughout this entire episode she was fantastic. The fire, the fighting back and forth with Dawson and his parents about turning her own father in, then of course the wire moment, which was so powerful. The look on her face as she told her Dad 'sorry' brings me to tears every time. But my favourite was the way she delivered the final lines to Dawson. The dialogue was so simple but really effective. Amazing performance by Katie Holmes!

And then of course there's Josh in 'Uncharted Waters'. I love this episode. One of my all time faves because I love the alternative story line with the girls at Gails house. I think this is a really significant episode for Joey and Jen's relationship. I always wanted those two to find a friend in each other. The scene on the beach is another heartbreaker. I absolutely love the words Pacey uses.

"So I guess this is as good of time as any to have that father-son talk. So, how ya doin' in school, Pacey? Actually, Dad, I'm doing alright. I'm really turning things around. Turns out I'm pretty smart. Good man, Pacey. Always knew you'd turn out to be something. How the ladies treating you? Well, I met this woman. Is she cute? Aw, cute, man. Andie's beautiful. She's smart. She's funny. I tell ya, this girl is something special. For whatever reason, she seems to think I'm pretty special, too. Why can't you see that? Why can't you see me, huh? When did you give up on me? When I was 5? 10? 12? I'm 16 years old, Dad! And I'm here and I'm not proving that but I'm tryin' so hard for you. It's your job. It's your job to love me no matter who I am or what I become because you're my father! You're my dad! You're supposed to love me you son of a bitch. I can't do this by myself."

Rachey1984 is offline   Reply With Quote