View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 03:16 PM
Seersha
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
My favourite thing about Season 2 is the fantastic Pacey story lines. The Dad issues, the romance with Andie, finally getting somewhere at school, sticking up for Jack, trying to save Andie and then having to let her go. Pacey became my favourite character during this season.

I also loved Jack's coming out storyline. Kerr did an amazing job, he impressed me so much. I agree with you, milestogo, a great addition to the show.

S2 also had some great fun episodes. One of the classic moments for me was Dawson and Andie singing the Blues. Always funny.
Agree with all of this. That scene of Dawson and Andie singing is hilarious!!!

Pacey really was the best part of that season - his character really came into his own. I enjoyed the Pacey/Andie relationship. And of course Josh did his best acting in "Unchartered Waters" as he broke down next to his drunken father. Still so amazing to this day... bravo Josh!

On the D/Jo front, in hindsight I think the writers made the wrong decision in breaking them up so soon - it started a bad pattern of their on-off relationship tendencies towards each other. After a build-up of an entire season (based on a long-standing friendship for almost 15 years), it was probably disappointing for many of the fans to see their relationship fall apart so quickly and easily. And especially given Joey had pined for Dawson for so many years! (I'm a P/Jo fan, but in S1 I didn't mind DJo, so I think at the time even I was a little caught off guard at how quickly that relationship came apart - speaking as someone who did watch it on the original run.)

That said...
You know, I really liked Jack's development too. I didn't mind his romance with Joey, they had a nice chemistry, and really felt for him every step of the way on his journey. Good job, Kerr. (And Katie too, in the scene where she goes to Dawson in tears after Jack confesses he is gay... that girl has talent!)