View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 10:29 PM
SkySamuelle
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmayaS25 (View Post)
A lot of the Bonnie hate is irrational and senseless. I said earlier that if Bonnie was a man, she wouldn't get the kind of response she's getting now...And I know that for a fact.

She's a strong female character...and she stands up to Damon....the resident hottie. Now I love Damon....a lot. But I love that Bonnie isn't taken with him and most importantly, isn't afraid of him.
Even though I understand why Damon is the way he is, I also appreciate that Bonnie doesn't know him...not really. But the little that she does know, she's not impressed with. And that is completely understandable.

She can hold her own, she proved it tonight. But at her core she's a 17 year old girl who has had a lot to deal with and doesn't have anyone really to lean on. This is why I'm pulling for a Baroline BFF friendship because they can help each other through these tough times,
But as I said before I like that she doesn't back down from Damon and she is powerful...as a woman its refreshing to see a strong girl on TV, who at the same time is still a teenage girl.
So I don't get the Bonnie hate...I really don't. A lot of it comes from a very vicious place and it baffles me.

I get when you hate a character, cause I have *cough* Peyton Sawyer *cough*
But Bonnie is an innocent in my eyes...

But it makes it even more wonderful to be a Bamon shipper...when I know that all the reasons I love Bonnie are gonna be all the reasons why Damon will love her one day And vica versa

Our Bonnie is a testament to girl power. She's strong,smart,compassionate and powerful...and she uses that power selflessly.

Yet her generosity and nurturing nature never makes her weak. She has the guts of standing up fow what she believes in, even if she is alone doing it.

She won't nod blindly at any nonsense, whether it's coming from her friends OR ennemies.

She is indipendent despite her holding on her friends and family so thighly.

If you are not biased, it's easy to see.

The best thing? she has no need to be in a romantic relationship to bring out those blilliant sides of herself.
"Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossoms had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two."