View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 10:53 PM
shance
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurplexMoon (View Post)
^ Yeah same here.

I don't think she's realistic either. Sure they're are tons of socially awkward nerdy girls, but they don't receive as much male attention as Clare does. Especially from someone like KC? Yeah right. Eli, I could see in real life, but a guy like KC would never like Clare. & I don't relate to her either. We're complete opposites which has a lot to do with why I can't stand her. I agree, the writer's portray her like she can do no wrong. It every situation she's in, every storyline, the writer's try to make us feel sympathetic for her.
I was actually very close to how Clare was when I was in high school. I didn't fit in or associate with a lot of people (most of the time, maybe 1-2 people, but usually no one). I got good grades. I was admired by my English teachers for my writing ability. Yet... I was never approached by either the "misunderstood bad boy" or the "misunderstood artsy emo kid". The first was too worried about his image (and only saw women as sex objects), the other was so full of pride/self-love that he was only interested in the typical cheerleader trophy-types.
This is part of why she's always bothered me at least a bit.