View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 07:06 PM
PurplexMoon
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD9999 (View Post)
I'm posting here on principle, despite having nothing particularly useful to say. I'm not even bothered by Mary Sues, but Clare annoys me infinitely for having a complete change of character, not having interesting storylines (highlight of season ten for her was easily the boob job episode. Since then...), and for making no sense (i.e. Pish posh, Adam)
I completely agree. I mean I actually liked her in BOA, but that's about it. Her personality is just boring imo and so are her storylines. Like for instance Innocent When You Dream, which is one of my least favorite episodes ever. So boring and I was cringing the whole episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shance (View Post)
I don't like who Clare has become. She's pretty much become a Mary-Sue, and her life revolves around Eli and his problems. I didn't mind as much when she was with KC. Although I thought KC always was pretty self-centered, at least the relationship wasn't all about him and his issues. She seems just like this "open" character without much to define her now, and she rarely does anything wrong.
I completely agree. They try to make her out as the perfect person and it's not working, with me at least. You're right, her life does pretty much revolve around Eli now. Clare isn't as independent as she used to be. As far as her & KC go, really KC was brought into the show as a plot device for Clare. He was really one-dimensional when he was with Clare, but after they split we've learned a lot more about his character. Although I think it was pretty unclear where they were actually going to go in the first place.