View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 01:47 PM
necklace
Extreme Fan

Quote:
My issue is really with how it's portrayed. You and I can think something is abusive, but unless it's really brought to light on the show, the majority of fans won't catch on. No one wants Fiona and Bobby back together because that abuse was obvious; same with Rick and Terri, or Paige and Dean. But despite everything that happened and how bad two characters may have been for each other, fans still rooted for Johnny and Alli, Holly J and Blue, Paige and Mr. O, and don't even get me started on Craig.
You have a good point here, I guess it is necessary but still I'm tired of it. I guess they kind of showed the effect Craig had on Manny in season four, when she got together with Spinner. And later on when they got back together she always did feel inferior to Ellie. I always believed that her lacking confidence in certain areas was a result of how Craig treated her in the past. Always as second best. Akthough it never been adressed directly on the show. Also I just remembered that Holly J was emotionally abused in season 8 by Alli. I guess I will always like single Holly J the best.
necklace is offline   Reply With Quote