View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 04:42 AM
Haydenfan4ever
Passionate Fan

Ok, here we go and there gonna be some gifs in the end to make it up to you

Overall opinion about the accident story on Days:

watched episodes 16-25 of March-April 2005 and at first was all over the scenes of Jen & Abby and skipped the other stuff.. but that storyline brought really interesting scenes for other characters as well. Like Billy confronting Hope was a big deal and when Bo said 'don't talk that way to my wife' I went: 'dang, that's like the best thing I ever heard him saying'

so yeah, great stuff this car accident-birthday story brought up. It reminded me the cruel reality of the roads and how despite all the law enforcement, there's still irresponsible people who get drunk, drive and end up destroying families (and that person really destroyed Chelsea's family )

so bravo, Days! I thought the story arc was quite powerful not 100% believable, but quite compelling.

Abby (Ashley's character) - lol she was there and then she wasn't and then she was there again.. well, that's soaps for you. She was cute in like every scene and made my heart go out for her and her family

The little things in the episodes:

- I lol'ed like a little kid everytime they mentioned the Bensons (Chelsea's parents), during the episodes and I think you know why.

- poor Bensons and Jennifer.. they wanted to do something nice, but it came out a tragedy.

- poor Abby for her mom going like that about her dad, how there's no hope and then being in a car accident on her birthday and needing to go under the knife (btw: what the hell? what about parents permission?!), can't be mad about Jennifer though, I think it was an act

- gotta say: great job with casting Ashley she and the Jennifer actress totally looked like mother & daughter (the picture down and the gifs will prove that to you)

- 'We'll always have Abby' said Jen while making preparations for the b-day, then they cut to the accident scene and showed the poor girl lying there = what a moment!

also: Abby looked believable the way she was lying there, but Chelsea leaning against the car? what? for those of you who don't get it, it's after both get thrown out of the car due to the accident, so how did Chelsea end up there? woke up, leaned and fainted? weird!

- a drunk driver supposedly hit them (good, it brings an important issue which Jen mentioned later on) and died but I saw no car/truck or any traces of the man.

- funny how right after the accident they showed more of Abby then Chelsea. It's funny because she's (Abby) a background character and there to serve the Chelsea character and the parents (Jack & Jennifer)

- Bruised Abby = cuteeeeee <3

- must say (#2): worst treatment of victims ever!

well they treated Abby alright and took her to the hospital rather quickly, but Chelsea? they kinda left her there with Billy and a lousy paramedic and she was there for ages.... so she first got thrown out of the car and then was the last to leave the scene. Geez, no wonder she lost lots of blood and was so close to dying

- I like how one episode finished with the doctor talking about one of victims being dead, Jennifer's like: 'no, not my baby!' and in the preview for the next episode they showed Chelsea being awake and Abby with her eyes closed, which made you go there and think she might be dead

- the flashes of Abby & her family were sweet

- nice of Chelsea to be thinking about Abby and vice versa.

- still.. I prefer the other Chelsea, thank you. The Chelsea before and during the accident was pretty bland, the one (played by a different actress) afterward was a b*tch, but at least she made you feel something for her.

not sure what more to say.. Jennifer & Abby scenes were awesome, Jennifer, Jack, (little Jack) & Abby scenes were just amazing, full of win. Arc = well done, I also find that accident to be a bit more believable then the one on PLL.

Oh, and did I get it right? did Abby really went into a car accident, surgery and wanting to go home during one night? not sure about the time, but she did seem to recover pretty fast from an awful event

That's all folks, gifs in the the next post.

P.S. - sorry for my bad grammar and spelling

B&B

Clana4ever
Haydenfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote