View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 03:02 PM
Ford07
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
It’s been nearly three months since Lost ended and I’m still finding Easter eggs. My latest discovery: Sawyer’s purgatorial stint as a police detective may have foreshadowed Josh Holloway’s next career move!

News that NBC is taking another stab at rebooting the ’70s private eye classic The Rockford Files—sans Dermot Mulroney in the title role—has revived talk that Holloway would look great in James Garner’s iconic (gum)shoes. And for the first time, that chatter appears to be spreading beyond the walls of my office!

A Peacock source tells me that the former Lostie’s name has been mentioned in connection to the project, but the insider stresses that there are no serious talks going on at this time. Meanwhile, House exec producer David Shore—who is shepherding the reboot along with Steve Carell’s Carousel Prods and Peter Berg’s Film 44—concedes that Holloway is a “viable choice,” but adds that “it’s too premature” to start naming names.

“NBC is still high on the project,” adds Shore. “They still would like it to happen. Peter Berg’s involved producing and possibly directing and we will be looking for a new lead.”

The first attempt to revive the franchise crashed and burned last spring when the finished pilot received an across the board thumbs down from NBC execs.

“[It] looked like it was shot in the seventies,” one source bemoaned to NYMag.com’s Joe Adalian. “You didn’t even know it was the current day until Jim pulled out his cell phone. It looked like Stephen J. Cannell directed it himself.”

Scoop: Will 'Lost' boy Josh Holloway join NBC's 'Rockford Files' reboot? | Ausiello | EW.com
What do you think?

"We're with you whatever happens."
icon|Umay