View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 05:35 AM
Lostbeth
Fan Forum Hero

My heart was beating so fast the moment Jack walked in that room. I knew it was going to be
a beautiful moment between Jack&Kate as always. I was just watching the great moment they shared.
Jack was asking her if he's good at raising Aaron. He cared enough to know what the woman
he loves think of him as a father. & Kate didn't let him down, She trusted him enough to say that he is good at this.
Then comes a great seconds of Jack&Kate exchanging looks, you knew that Jack was going to say something.....
He looks at her eyes deeply & asks her to marry him & to spend the rest of her life with him.....
He pulls out a ring....that made Kate's eyes glow....that made Kate herself speechless.....
& she says 'yes' to spending the rest of her life with the man she truly loves. Which made Jack so happy
to know that they're going to be a real strong couple and a real strong family. - Yara

Hallway, did you already write this word in your mind? You better, because it's practically the word that resume
"Something Nice Back Home". Of course, there is the proposal, but when you ask me, Hallway always comes first.
Just before, Kate heard Jack telling Alice In Wonderland to Aaron, and you just see her being genuinely happy watching this.
Then, she waits for him, telling him she is glad to have him around, for Aaron, for her.
So he takes her head in his hands, caresses her chin with his fingers and kisses her, because his mind tells him to do it,
because his heart tells him, because he wants it.
They grow closer and Jack lifts her up, as she wraps her legs around him and he leads her to heaven. - Candice

The angstiest of angsty scenes. The best twist in the history of television. The most epic couple in the universe.
Yeah, it's pretty much that awesome. I don’t think I could ever express the pure shock I experienced
watching this scene for the first time. Jack, a broken man; Kate, seemingly together. But things
at first glance don’t really seem to have changed between them. They were still flirting
and smiling just like the many times we had seen them before. And then everything changed,
and it was like looking at a brand new set of people, a couple that had experienced unspeakable hurts,
who had long been separated, but despite everything, still loved each other. With one touch,
Kate melted into Jack, closing her eyes and swaying with him, as they both tried to recapture what
they had had before, as they tried to pretend that the island didn’t have a stronger pull. It was a struggle
for both to say goodbye, but more so for Kate, whose brief encounter with the man that she loved
and then had to lose caused the anger to boil up to the surface. With one slap, Kate portrayed
all the hurt and pain that he had caused her, and showed that without Jack, she was just like him - a broken mess. - Morgan

For the longest time the pilot and the walkie talkie scene had been fighting to get the first spot in my Top Three JK scenes.
And then this scene came, only to make the decision even harder. I can describe this scene in so many ways, this one of them;
I just adore how the scene resembles their first meeting so much. Jack's also hurt here. Kate is also coming
out of the bushes. Kate is also comforting him. Listening to his story. And Jack is also asking for her help.
{are you with me on this} And Kate is also, not running now. {yes}. But then she uses the quote
I've been wanting her to use ever since NIP. {do you remember when I stitched you up?
When we first got here.
} This just confirms again how deep her love for Jack goes. Here they are,
Jack wanting to erase their entire history together, and Kate angry at him. Yet a simple sentence like that for her,
a simple touch like that from her, them going back to that moment together, made everything right between them.
They trusted one another again, they saw that hint of hope for love. Even the way she wipes the blood off his face,
smiles at him, puts her hands on her lap and just goes for his face again, just because she wants to touch him,
makes my fluffy heart burn with love. Also, during this scene I can't stop myself of thinking about Bernard's quote
from earlier {So we die, we only care about being together} and here we have Jack and Kate.
Him about to blow up the island, about to face the end, whatever that may be, and then we have Kate,
not agreeing to anything Jack's about to do, but she remembers Bernard's quote and realizes that
the only thing she cares about is Jack, and being with him. So she agrees. Together, we'll live forever. - Liesbeth

It's always just a look or a word with Jack and Kate that can render the other person speechless,
send their relationship into a new level, and send squees of Jaters' delight across the world.
That was what this scene gave us, with their relationship in turmoil, the little flashback showed us
the moment where Kate comes as close as possible to admitting her true feelings. With Kate's
"I've always been with you", she makes sure Jack understands that through all they have been through,
and even when he thought she was with another man, he had always had her heart,
Jack is left speechless absorbing what she had just told him. But in hindsight, the scene proves
to be much more than that. That one scene would set up an important theme for Jate in season five.
Jack's need to always have Kate by his side, and Kate never being able to not be with Jack.
Being together is not a rational, conscious decision as much as it is an unconscious, inherent even maybe instinctual need.
It is like they can not exist being apart, they are always together, they need to be so, and will always be together as one. - Yas

It's when we love the strongest that we possess the potential to hurt the most.
It seemed like he didn't have a care for what they had, what still existed between them.
Did all that time they had together not mean anything? "All the misery that we've been through,
we'd just wipe it clean. Never happened."
For all the pain they had experienced
it was their wonderful moments in between that made it all worth it.
"What about us? It was not all misery." And perhaps she wondered if he was already too far gone.
Yet the fire in his eyes remained, and the need to serve the greater good still burned in his heart,
but she just didn't understand. Tears stung her eyes, threatening to spill in cascades down her dirt-stained cheeks;
because for her nothing would ever touch what still lingered between them. And there they waited,
both unaware that their feelings were more alike than they could have imagined. Her heart breaking
at the thought of losing him, and his shattered from what he believed he had already lost. - Ash

"I would go with you,,

KATE
Where were you today, Jack?
JACK
Just taking care of some things.

As always, not much has to be said between these two.
In some kind of cosmic way, they just GET each other.

lovers
moments ;

KATE
It’s not like it’s a secret.
JACK
Hard to tell with you sometimes

Kate shoots Jack a sour look -- Jack decides maybe today’s
not the day for this and gives in.
He moves over to her. This woman is magnetic to him --
despite their issues.

[Epic Essay]
click h e r e ;

Adam
&Eve ;

Episode 6 "House Of The Rising Sun", a half naked Jack and Kate,
find two bodies in the cave that Locke refers to as their own "Adam and Eve."

Eve was said to have been created from the rib of Adam,
there she came out of the woods,

and stitched up the wound that was left
where the rib was removed...

Kate hates this - disappointing Jack is the last thing
she wants to do, but she has no choice -

KATE
I don’t want to be Eve.
JACK
No one’s asking you to.

- and there is a part of Kate that wishes, more than anything
else in the world,
that he were asking. But that’s not the part of her that’s calling the shots.

[click on the art for our theory]

THE VALLEY - Where Jack watches the bonfire, thinking of Kate...
THE BEACH ...where Kate stands next to Sayid, thinking of Jack...
..off the sadness of two kindred souls unable to connect.