View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 05:34 AM
Lostbeth
Fan Forum Hero

{JK} #1813: To have stuff on the DVD or not to have stuff on it, thats the question. [Its the TLP Kiss all over again]

Where does a story truly begin?
?

In life, there are seldom clear cut beginnings, those moments when we can, in looking back,
say that everything started. Yet, there are moments when fate intersects with our daily lives,
setting in motion a sequence of events whose outcome we could never have foreseen ;

Jack & Kate, two complete strangers, yet destined to meet, destined to become the missing piece in the other person's soul.

They crashed on an island, two of forty-eight, but it is in each other that they found their strength. From the start they have struggled to survive, together.

They grew closer, saw things that they thought weren't even humanly possible
went through the hardest trials and tribulations, but they sought support in one another;
they have faced the unspeakable, together.

Their story was never any easy one. Time and time again, chance has separated them.

But we know that in the end,
nothing in the world will keep them apart.
[abc promo]

the
characters ;

the
supporters ;

[1-529]

530. Nille815
531. pati86
532. ZAHIRA
533. j8fan
534. tummykisses
535. Lindsay
536. Jess.S
537. hotairballoon
538. manu_r/hr
539. sillylily91
540. Krissaay
541. Hop
542. Noelle
543. CraZy4eLLpEA
544. Kal7
545. Ale14
546. K-r-i-s-t-i
547. mchun
548. jater in japan
549. desmondluverbrotha
550. Lara.
551. FoxySmile
552. memory91
553. HotPink88
554. Gelin
555. tvlover88
556. love and memories
557. DandaLaFleurMC
558. notrunningnow23
559. =(E$r@2)=
560. Flame.of.love
561. iLoveChair
562. d3wberry
563. BA4eva
564. Creativity
565. vanilla_cloud
566. hwkgrleo10
567. JateandLeytond=endgame
568. Wilpen
569. about_a_man
570. Kairi_Evans
571. karevluvsstevens85
572. Lucas4Brooke
573. CinnamonGirl
574. adriene_evans

Reasons + Quotes

Five seasons in, this is still one of their most intimate moments. Kate the fugitive, the ultimate runner,
stopping dead on her feet to help a stranger and Jack, the hardcore surgeon, the fixer,
asking for some fixing himself, giving in to vulnerability. “You’re not running now” would end up being
a milestone in their relationship since Kate has always been with him, while Jack had finally found in her,
his own Achilles Heel. Also, Destiny pulls the strings in LOST, so the first meeting of its original couple being
the first “moment” between the characters makes it all the more epic and meaningful. ZOOM on Charlie’s
'FATE'? You betcha! - Joy
The hug of all hugs! One of their most beautiful scenes. We get how much Kate cares and loves Jack in that episode.
We see Kate heading out on a mission to get them rescued she seems feeling something bad has happened.
She hasn’t know that Jack got himself buried in a cave in yet... when Sawyer said this news she gives up on
the chance of being rescued for Jack and runs to save him. When Kate arrived at the caves
she begins digging and keeps digging despite everyone telling her take a break. She puts all her strength to save him.
When she sees Jack, she runs into his arms and wraps her arms around him in the hug of all hugs.
They share a long hug. Later Kate kneels beside him and says she made him something for him,
she gives him his very fist sling, the sling she made for him.- Eda
"What's a Garden without guava?" He's right you know. Or maybe it's not so much that Jack's right,
but it's the fact that he cares about Kate's garden. He's the unofficial leader, he has a million other things
to worry about. Why should Jack be worried about a garden? Because it matters to Kate. It's a simple gesture,
but those "slimy little blueish-black thingys" say a lot. Jack tells Kate to open her hand,
and she hesitates at first. "You'll like it, I swear." he says. Kate's unsure but puts her hand out anyway.
Jack's hand lingers as he places the seeds into hers, and to Kate's revelation, she thinks they are the passion
fruit seeds from before. But she's wrong. "Guava seeds!" She says, kind of shocked that Jack went out of the way
to do that for her. Sometimes it's the simple things that matter the most. And hey, what's a garden without guava, right? - Shanna

Why do I love this scene so much? Ha! This must be a rhetorical question. It's quite obvious to anyone, I think.
It's not easy to put it in words, though. First of all, I love that Jack was looking for Kate and he finds her in
the heart of the jungle of all places. It felt like he knew where to go, even though she looks isolated
and lost in her own little world more than ever. I love the sense of peace and quietness in the atmosphere.
I love the feeling of the contrast given by the warmth of the colors and lighting, which strongly clash with the fast movements and Kate's emotional tone of voice. I love how she violently bursts her emotions out
and how he carefully listens to her, quite confused and almost scared. I love the way he suddenly reaches out
and grabs her arm in the attempt to quickly close the distance between them. I love the way he embraces her
and she eventually lets him. I love the tone in Jack's voice when he whispers to her ear, and he keeps on while looking in her eyes. But most of all, I love the way she looks at him into his eyes though
her teary eyes. I love the stillness of this moment. I love how she sees truth and finds comfort in his words,
which urges her to keep her walls down and let him get close for a moment more and so with no hesitation
she kisses him. Slowly, deeply, passionately, tenderly, lovingly. I adore when they part their lips but they lean forward,
resting on each other's foreheads, savoring every bit of the moment, and anticipating
the imminent approach of reality and deep meaning in their unspoken words. - Cla

"You've got a better angle than me, anyway." "Oh, is that gonna be your excuse when I make the shot?"
"When you make the shot?"
The net scene is such an awesome scene, because they're close, really close
(and they're not complaining, you can tell by their faces). Add to that those sexy noises, all the brushing, their little cute banter...
there's sexual undertones all over the place! (And come on, "...and as Kate gets Jack's gun from his pants..."?)
How many of us thought while watching this "God, they really need to resolve all that UST"?
So in my opinion, this proves that Jack and Kate don't need to rip their clothes off to make an scene hot.
They're epic like that. - Laurie

I still remember when Jack told Kate that he wasn’t sorry he kissed her. I was so happy to hear Jack admit that.
He finally admitted through that sentence that he had feelings for her. Kate realized it then
that there were mutual feelings between them both. They went to lean in, all of us Jaters got excited,
then BAM; Michael comes out and ruins everything. However, we still get an importance with
this scene that Jack and Kate truly are falling for each other. - Amanda

"Nothing in the world will keep them apart": these words were used by ABC to promote one of
the best Jack&Kate scenes ever,and one of the most beloved by us. It one of the most touching,
moving scene that Jack&Kate could have and the setting cannot be worse: she came to rescue him only to find out
he didn't need her to rescue him and he was leaving the island and her. Kate delicately touches his hand
he squeezes hers in return, they're both teary, unable to believe this would be the last time
they see each other, and even though Jack wanted her to not come back for him he whispered
"But I will come back for you" leaving a heartbroken Kate behind. - Ale

Some love the dialogue, some love Kate's face, Jack's face, the fact that everyone around them
is witnessing their connection, etc etc. There is so much about this scene that resonates and defines
who Jack and Kate have been all along. Kate recalling the story that has been the foundation of their inexplicable bond.
When Jack asks her to tell him, she immediately cracks{You...were doing surgery on a girl.
And you messed up. You made a mistake
} and you can feel the emotion thats going through both of them.
You know how much this story means to both of them. {You tore something on her back and all the nerves spilled loose.
And you said you were so afraid and you said the fear was so real. And you didn't know what to do
}
You know that the breaking point is coming, as an audience member, you know there is going to be
that one line that breaks her and him{so you counted to five} and that was it. Kate broke down and you can
see the emotion in Jack's eyes. At this point, you see Juliet turning her head away as if she's uncomfortable
witnessing this very private moment between them and Sawyer, with a look of understanding and dread.
{And then you weren't afraid anymore. Then it was just gone. And you fixed her. You saved her.}
You sort of feel every meaning behind every word that is said in her recollection. You know she's not just
repeating the story, it means something to her. He means something to her. Jack asks her to make him
a promise to never come back here for him because he knows it's dangerous. {I need you to make me a promise, Kate. }
He knows he will die after the surgery and he wants her to be happy and not worry about him. Selfless love at its best.
{Promise me that you'll never come back here for me. Don't come back, Kate.} We all know that she won't sit
still while he's over there but for now, they part ways. In distance, but not in heart. - Carlie

I think Jack telling Kate he loves her is one of the most romantic scenes of the series.
He knows Kate in in a quasi relationship with Sawyer but he's not petty or jealous, he just wants her happy
so he'll even stick up for the man he thinks she chose over him. Kate can't even fathom this kind
of unconditional love so she asks why...and the answer is so simple and pure. "Because I love you."
It's just so sweet and there's such a quiet honesty to it. There was no ulterior motives or fear
and circumstances driving this confession...it just was and he needed her to know. To see Jack expose
his heart to Kate without hopes or expectations and just...because makes this scene so beautiful to me. - Alesia