View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 12:04 AM
Belden
Passionate Fan

Link to a 6 August 2010 article from a Singapore newspaper, but old interview. Still a few new answers:

Quote:
In the flesh, Josh Holloway is a depressing sight. He is incredibly handsome, possibly the best-looking man you would ever see. Even worse, unlike his character James Sawyer, Lost's bad boy-turned-protector, he doesn't have the decency to be unlikeable with it.
Quote:
What about Sawyer's long-time rivalry with Jack (played by Matthew Fox)? Does it affect your relationship off camera?

Well, I quit dating him. (Laughs) No, Matthew and I are similar. Both outdoorsy, both family men. We get along great and artistically. We bring the heat every time. We don't have to not like each other.

The love triangle with Kate (played by Evangeline Lilly) is just drama...there's a hottie, two guys. It's bound to happen that she has to choose one. And Jack and Sawyer are similar people, from different ends of the spectrum.

Jack and Sawyer's fight scene was fun. We were like, FINALLY. It had been coming a long time.
Quote:
You had one of last season's most powerful scenes, when Sawyer failed to save Juliet (played by Elizabeth Mitchell).

That was tough. As an actor, you hope to get scenes like that, but you also dread it. How am I going to pull that off?

It's a film set. You have 120 people talking and joking, I'm on a pulley system, a guy's holding on to my pants and a guy's down in the camera wisecracking. It's very distracting. It takes a lot to make it all go away. But when you have an actress like Elizabeth Mitchell looking in your eyes, it's like, okay, BAM, and everything else goes away. It was heartwrenching but fulfilling.

The Electric New Paper, Singapore - The Electric New Paper Show