View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 08:24 PM
water lilies
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, the swan scene was gorgeous. I also like the part where Noah and Allie start laughing in the rain. It was cute!

I'll comment on your answers later. I'll just now say that I like your answer to 9. Mine are already quite long.

1) I'd give it a 7.5/10. It's by far my favorite Nicholas Sparks movie from the ones I've seen. I liked Noah/Allie's story a lot and the movie worked well for its genre. I thought it was a good romance movie. The first time I watched it, I was teary-eyed at the end. (I'm such a sap).

2) I may be an idiot, but I never noticed Allie's full name was Allison. :head_slap: I also didn't notice some of the outfits she wore when there was the montage of her dates with Lon. The one she was wearing when they were at the theater(?) was really nice. I would have liked to see it in the daytime.

I also notice the timeline more this time around. Noah/Allie were going out for 3 months during the summer...and then the 7 year absence. And during all that time they didn't forget about each other.

3) I like Noah the best. I think he was selfless and just overall a good guy. I also like Lon! He was really classy and just an outstanding guy. Both Noah and Allie were lucky to have been with people who were so understanding - like Lon and Martha.

4) I like Allie the least. She was sometimes whiny and immature. You could definitely see she grew/changed from when she was 17, but still. There's the part where Allie's mom visits her at Noah's house and she tells her that Allie must have anticipated that something like sleeping with Noah would happen by showing up there. And Allie gets mad at that statement, but I sided with her mother on that one. And the whole cheating thing. At least with Noah, Martha always knew he couldn't give her what she was looking for.

5) This line made me laugh:

N: Do you want to go out with me?
A; No
N: Why not?
A: BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO.

My favorite is probably Noah's letter, "The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds, and that's what you've given me. That's what I hope to give to you forever."

6) They definitely had a rocky relationship, but it was all about choice vs expectations. Allie's mother led a life that was expected for her, rather than from her own choosing. She realized at the end, that maybe Allie should choose on her own, because if not, she'd have regrets like her mother still has. She made mistakes, but I definitely think Allie's mom redeemed herself at the end.

7) Allie's relationship with Noah was more volatile. He says it himself that fighting and making up is what they do. They're the 'showier' couple, but their love more fiery and passionate. With Lon, it was steady and nurturing - which is definitely not a bad thing. Noah was the first to ask her what Allie really wanted though...he pushed her to finally pick for herself. I thought it was interesting how Lon asked her to marry him. He told her she'd make him the happiest man alive if she were to say yes. She loved Lona and seemed really happy, but there was a lot of pressure on Allie from him and her parents on her relationship.

8) She would have picked Noah, eventually. Even if she had married Lon, she would still be thinking 'what if'. But definitely, Allie's mother acceptance really helped her picking Noah at that moment.

9) I wanted to see what happened at the inn between Lon/Allie. I wanted to see Lon's reaction and how he handled everything and what Allie told him. I like to imagine he got pissed off. Otherwise, he was waayy too nice of a character. And maybe a Allie/Noah wedding? Or maybe that would have too cheesy.