View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 04:10 AM
wolkenfuehlen
Elite Fan

While preparing for this anniversary we stumbled upon something that one of our regular posters came up with two years ago. Though she wishes to stay anonymous she gave us permission to repost the following. If you don't know Young Americans, don't know any of the actors and don't know what our fandom is like at all, then this might give you a little insight. Enjoy

Quote:
That could be a movie in itself: Attack of the Fangirls

*insert dramatic narration* A group of actors from a show long, long ago are thrown together again when ruthless fangirls kidnap and confine them on the old set of their cancelled series. Who will escape, and who will meet their untimely end? *end narration*

Like a really bad horror movie 'I Know What You Did That Summer Eight Years Ago'

Now, if only one of us were a millionaire who could finance some YA reunion. *sigh* Can you imagine. A group of us sitting behind some moniter as Kate and Ian stand about on a set outside, ready to start filming only...

Ian: What's the hold up? The cameras are ready, Kate and I both know our lines-
Kate: And you guys have already made us practice kissing each other for the past two hours, so we got that down, too-
Ian: (points to the evening sky) Now we're losing light. Why can't we finish filming this scene?

Nicole converses behind the moniters and cameras with many of our fellow posters here at the YA board who are magically there with us in the fictional New Rawley, and are a part of the production crew. We soon conclude...

Nicole: (raises hands to get the actors attention) Yeah, okay, Kate, Ian, we apologize for the wait but it appears one of our producers, Sheida, is holed up in Charlie Hunnam's trailer ''running lines'' with him...
Anja: Or so she says.
Karen(Mrs. S): And we all feel that it'd be best to wait until she returns before we attempt to complete this scene.
Nicole: Until then you two feel free to rehearse that kiss.

As Kate and Ian we stand about tilting our heads and sighing. Meanwhile, Rodney Scott walks over to our crowd and clears his throat in order to get our attention.

Rodney:So, uh, would any of you ladies like to ''run some lines'' with 'Will Krudski'?

Each of us look to one another to see if anyone wants to accept his offer, or if we could possibly sacrifice one fan in order to spare the rest of us.

Nicole: I have to pee and return a book
Karen: I'm Ian's personal assistant. (points to Ian who at our urgings is still latching onto Kate) Clearly he needs me here for support.
Anja: I'm the director, I have plenty more things to do than run lines, Rod.

Rodney then nods and sulks away towards the crafts table. We sigh in relief once he's out of sight as each murmer ''that was close'' to one another.

Later That Day:

A handful of fangirls are gathered in a trailer where the wardrobe department is set up. Anja, Karen, and Sheida surround a shirtless Mark Famiglietti.

Sheida: We say this because as fans we feel it's almost our duty.
Karen: We wouldn't even bring it up, but-
Anja: Dear, you have man-boobs. And since I'm all about continuity it's not a problem in regards to filming, but in your every day life you might want to look at getting a little 'support' for those things there.

Like a school boy Mark blushes and retreats behind a small divider in order to get back into proper clothes. Meanwhile Kate Bosworth magically appears from behind yet another divider in the trailer. She's decked out in her Townie Bella clothes and inspects her reflection in a full length mirror, casually listening in on the conversation that begins once I waltz through the door adjusting my slightly messed-about hair.

Anja: Where have you been?
Nicole: (straight-faced) Uhhh...Kate M asked me to ''run some lines'' with her in her trailer.
Sheida: Riiiiiiiiight.
Nicole: Hey, I'd like to see you girls turn her down.
Karen: Nicole's right. Lay off.

Kate Bosworth takes a moment to turn away from the mirror and address us all face to face.

Kate B: You know, ladies, ever since we've started shooting this Young Americans reunion I've noticed that each of you have taken the time to indulge in your fangirl tendencies. With the boys, and...I've even seen each of you stare longingly at The Other Kate at one point or another. I know what everyone says. (begins to speak in an overly dramatic tone) How many times have I heard 'I'd go gay for Jake' since production began? But, well (pauses briefly and awkwardly) why don't I get any of that attention from the YA fangirls? I mean, why doesn't Bella have girls crushing over her? What's Jake have that Bella doesn't?

We lower our heads, feeling pity for her. None of us have the heart to tell her that her character isn't exactly a fan favorite.

Karen: (trying to make Kate B feel better) It isn't you. It's us.
Anja: You're beautiful.
Nicole: And any guy who walked through the door would be on you in a second-
Sheida: But we just can't squee over you like we do Kate M.
Anja: Though we want you to know how deeply impressed we are that you'd even want us to feel that way about you.
Karen: It's just an attitude thing. Now, it's something you can't control-
Sheida: Some people just have it.
Nicole: And some people just don't.

Kate B nods sadly in understanding. We each see tears well up in her eyes, but before we can offer any more comfort she hurriedly exits the trailer at which point Matt Czuchry enters. He greets us and we collectively blush and sigh.

Matt: Someone told me I needed to come here and get measured for Sean's baseball uniform.

The bunch of us clamor for the measuring tape, but Anja elbows us away and does the honor of taking Matt's measurements while the rest of us have to sit and watch her measure his arms, his leg, his arm again, his shoulders, his arm again, and again. She really seems to be stuck on the arms.

Matt: Since I'm here I want talk to you all. Now it seems you and the many other fangirls outside on the set have been avoiding Rodney-
Karen: Because no one wants to be subjected to rehearsing one of Will's miserable speeches with him.
Nicole: Or heaven forbid be witness to his Marky Mark impression.
Matt: Girls, I found him crying on Ed Quinn's shoulder earlier-
Anja: Are you sure they just weren't rehearsing a scene as Will and Finn?
Sheida: Because, you know, Will and Finn do that a lot.
Matt: Look, does his character not have atleast one die-hard fangirl?

We stand in silence for a great while.

Anja: (trying to be diplomatic) Tell you what, Matty, as a favor to you we'll find someone to squee over him.

Matt is appeased and once Anja finishes measuring around his arm yet again he leaves happily, leaving the rest us grumble ''these needy actors...''

Some time later:

The entire cast of YA sits on the set of Friendly's diner. They've all carried food over from the crafts table and they eat while they sit in a booth, safely away from the chaos outside of the building.

Ian: I don't know about you guys, but these fangirls are driving me insane.
Kate M: For no apparent reason they insist on having Ian and I make-out during every scene we film.
Ian: Plus, they refer to us as 'Jahammer' as if she and I are one entity all our own. What's up with that?
Kate M: And that Nicole and Lil keep following me around on set and telling me that I smell good.
Matt: Yeah, and their leader, Anja, took her sweet time doing my measurements for a baseball uniform they said I'd need for filming. (grasping his script in hand) And guys, I've just read this, there's no scene in which I even wear a baseball uniform. Violated is what I am.
Kate B: Hey, atleast they pay attention to you all. I might as well be set decoration. The only reason I'm here is for continuity.
Rodney: Hello? What about me? They avoid me like I'm a leper because they can't even distinguish that I'm not my character, Will. And the wardrobe people keep putting me in these awfully plain red t-shirts for some reason.
Mark: (laughing into his food) Yeah, and you guys wouldn't believe what a couple of the fangirls said to me. They said I have man-boobs. Talk about delusional, right, guys? ....Right? ...Right?

For several silent seconds the rest of the cast stare at Mark blankly O_O . Answering the question truthfully would only hurt his feelings, which no one seems to want to do.

Matt: (changing the subject quickly) So anyways. What are we going to do about these out of control fangirls?
Ian: Karen, my P.A., has proposed marriage to me twice since we started filming. Honored as I am, it's overwhelming. She already calls herself Mrs. Ian Somerhalder.
Rodney: 'Oh, boohoo, fangirls adore me'. You, Katherine, Matt and Mark should be thankful for your fangirls, okay? Bosworth and I don't even have any.
Kate M: (reaches over to pat his hand) Hey, you have plenty of fans. And (pointing to a few of her costars) it's not our fault that YA fangirls gravitate to us.
Ian: (sarcastically) It's a curse you should be thankful you're free from.

Kate M and Ian then slip out of the booth and stand together.

Kate M: (consulting her watch) Now if you'll excuse us Ian and I have to go make out in front of the camera for, like, the 12th time today.
Ian: This is the price we pay for fervant fangirls.