View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 09:43 PM
Taryn74
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Do you think Amy ever felt bad during these early episodes about using Ephram? Because she was starting to connect with him and starting to really see how different he really was and how she was liking that. Do you think she, too, knew it was unfair?
I think Amy was just horribly conflicted and confused and on top of it, felt guilty because she really began to genuinely fall for Ephram when she was supposed to be so OMG!Totally!Devoted!toColin! Honestly, I don't think she ever really used Ephram at all, at least not from her perspective. It's not like she tricked him into getting her pregnant and then dumped him or anything soap opera-ish like that. She just genuinely saw the Browns moving to EW as some sort of divine answer to prayer but then things got sticky emotionally when it came to actually asking (through Ephram) for Andy to help.

And, really, how was she supposed to live with herself if she had decided that she liked Ephram too much to ruin their friendship/relationship and just let Colin continue to lay there without ever broaching the topic with Ephram or Andy? The Harts would have eventually pulled the plug, and then Amy would have to deal with knowing that there might have been a real chance that something could have been done to save Colin's life but she just...kept her mouth shut because she had a crush on someone else. That's a heavy burden to lay on someone.