View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 09:26 PM
'Tos
Master Fan

I agree with that pretty much 100%, Michelle. I think they explained most of Amy's flaws quite well. Plus, Ephram and Andy were incredibly flawed too. That's the fun, I think. They all needed to start off as very flawed to get to a place later in the seasons where they would be growing and changing some of those flaws. And I think we saw that with Amy, whether it be her relationship with Harold in the later seasons, or Hannah, or Ephram. There were marked differences from how she interacted or would interact with those characters from S1 to after S2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty
Amy definitely felt bad when her friends were disinviting Ephram to Kayla's birthday party. She was mortified as they made such stupid excuses and Ephram stood there nodding while he was totally on to them. Amy couldn't even look Ephram in the face. Of course.....later with the help of Edna.....she realized how wrong it was and that she couldn't go to that party.
Oh, yeah, that's for sure. You could just feel the cringe Amy would be having later on. Brutal scene!

It's just interesting that we actually directly saw Ephram feel bad more often, even though we all knew Amy did. And Emily did a good job with a small look here or there right after she would do something mean to Ephram that she regretted it. Nice acting job.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood