View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 08:55 PM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Amy definitely felt bad when her friends were disinviting Ephram to Kayla's birthday party. She was mortified as they made such stupid excuses and Ephram stood there nodding while he was totally on to them. Amy couldn't even look Ephram in the face. Of course.....later with the help of Edna.....she realized how wrong it was and that she couldn't go to that party.
Which is why Amy was my favorite character and I could relate so much to her realness. She was so flawed in the earlier seasons but she always eventually did the right thing, making the right choices or feeling appropriately about things in the end. I know some people think Amy was the spoiled brat, Amy was this, Amy was that... but was she really? Did she really have an easy, wonderful life? I don't think so. How many girls her age have to deal with a boyfriend who is a vegetable from a car accident involving her brother? She basically loses Colin twice. Once after he comes back, again when he ultimately dies. It's no wonder this girl had flaws running all around her. There's no way she could possibly psychologically handle all of those serious issues without having symptoms as a result. She handled things even better than one would expect to be honest. As for her popular group of friends... she never felt comfortable with those friends. It was all an association type of thing but outside of Laynie she never had deep friendships with any of those people. I think Ephram knew Amy was different from her friends from the start or else he wouldn't have fallen for her. Ephram was wise. Ephram knew what he was getting himself into regarding Colin, Ephram knew Amy was not the spoiled, popular girl that it would appear on the surface. There were layers to Amy and that is what he saw in her.

I went a bit OT, sorry about that. My Amy love tends to do that to me and that has never changed for years, heh.