View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 02:00 AM
misteriosa
Master Fan

EXCLUSIVE: Josh Holloway Is NOT Up For A Role In The Avengers!
Quote:
The Lost actors representative has told me that his involvement in 2012's The Avengers is nothing more than a rumor...

Yesterday AvengersNews posted an article that claimed, "there’s been talk between Marvel and his [Josh Holloway] group to play a 'lead' role in an upcoming Marvel film." The site claimed that it was likely he was up for the role of either Hank Pym, Hawkeye or Dum Dum Dugan based on "subtle hints" that they had recieved.

Like many of you, I was pleased to hear this news especially as I'm a big fan of Holloway's work in Lost and could see him being able to do a great job with any of the characters listed above. However, I decided to dig a little deeper with this rumour and after a lot of searching and several emails, I managed to get in touch with Melissa Kates from View Point LA who represents the actor.

I asked her whether there was any truth to the news and if she could tell me exactly what role he might be in the running for but was unfortunately met with the following response:

"Hi Josh – this is just a rumor."

So there you have it. Many thanks to Melissa for taking the time to get back to me! Personally, I still hope that we'll see Holloway get a role in a comic book movie in the near future but you can have your say with the below poll and in the usual place!
And then, there's this from AvengersNews - Lets Clear Some Things Up… | avengersnews.com
Quote:
It has come to our attention that some are questioning the validity of our insider sources. Never in any article have we "confirmed" or broke a news story in regards to any upcoming Marvel film. We have simply been passing along "live" news (mostly casting discussions) from our sources. We say “live” because things change constantly and nothing is set in stone until it’s 100% confirmed by Marvel. We realize this, and this is why in all of our articles we state that this news cannot be confirmed and casting deals may or may not work out, which is something our sources even wanted us to point out in every casting article. The last thing we’d like at AvengersNews.com is to report fabricated or completely false information.

Since every Marvel Studios film (besides Captain America: The First Avenger) is in early stages of pre-production, we’re surprised anybody has taken any of the information we pass along as a confirmed fact. We have even mentioned that no official news will be announced until, at the earliest, Comic Con in San Diego this July. Since these films are all in pre-production nothing can be 100% confirmed, not even from Marvel themselves. Things change constantly throughout pre to post-production, including story, characters, sets, plot lines, etc.

In regards to Josh Holloway's rumored role, his agent can’t necessarily confirm or deny any castings news at this point. It is not allowed by Marvel for anybody from his camp to discuss anything until something is official. We trust this particular source, but even they had no details for us on whom he could play or what Marvel films he could potentially star in. Our best guess was that he could play the characters we mentioned, based on whom we heard was supposed to be in upcoming Marvel Studios films.

Our recent Kree Story only mentioned that thus far, there were no plans of any Kree characters being involved in the story. We wanted to clear the rumors up that were floating on the net that Ms. Marvel and Captain Marvel were indeed in the film. We have only mentioned those characters in the past on whom an actor or actress could be portraying, or in a “pool” of character choices for a particular actor.

We urge our readers to revisit our past articles and simply don’t rely on AvengersNews.com stories from other websites. Sometimes stories are taken out of context, twisted or made to seem like it is something “official” that we are reporting on. Obviously, that's the internet, and it's going to happen. We have always been careful though to note that nothing has been confirmed and nothing would be confirmed unless it was by Marvel Studios themselves. If any of the stories we are reporting on are not confirmed at any point, we will be the ones that look stupid. We are not making any of these stories up. That would be disrespectful to anybody who reads our site or wants to use us as a source on theirs. We are just as big of fans as everybody and want to discuss anything and everything surrounding these properties.

Thank you.

Last edited by misteriosa; 06-02-2010 at 02:05 AM