View Single Post
Old 05-22-2005, 01:19 AM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy
What happened? From what I've read, there were some great Abbott family scenes in the last ep
It was so heartbreaking to watch. All of them were dealing with Rose's cancer and they all sort of dealt with it in their own way, and yet, you felt their connection together as a unit, in such a strong and intense way. The love that they all have for each other is so evident and real. Bright was trying so hard to keep moving forward and being strong, but the amazing guy broke down in tears in front of Ephram and there was a scene where he carried Rose when I completely lost it. Seeing Bright picking up his mother, who is unable to walk and suffering from a potentially fatal illness, and caring for her in a way that you viewed this mother/son bond and felt every ounce of love that they have for each other, as it simply stirred your emotions. Then there was Harold that was telling Amy white lies about the severity of Rose's illness. He was trying hard to paint the picture a little brighter for Amy, so that she would cling to the hope and still remain strong. It broke Harold's heart to be completely honest with Amy.. He so didn't want to break her heart.. He just couldn't see Amy's heart break in two, and thus, protected her from feeling the desperation that he was feeling at the moment. He wanted to take it on all by himself. Towards the end of the episode, it all came to a head where Harold and Amy exchanged looks and both started to break down in each other's arms. On came the endless tears in my eyes..

The love displayed between this family was something to see. Purely amazing.

Last edited by jediwands; 05-22-2005 at 01:25 AM
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote