View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 08:27 PM
chase 73
Part-Time Fan

Yes, I agree. I said 'almost' when i should have said 'something akin to' or 'something like.' B was immediately & inexplicably 'drawn' to J, someone who was not at all his 'type', having just come directly from the backroom, not particularly 'on-the-prowl' (ok, maybe he always was). Then within hours, as Manu mentioned, not kicking him out when Mel called. Couple-o-weeks, breaking his lifetime rule of 'no repeats,' then living with him, then taking him back out of his parent's living room to live at the loft again. These are all absolutely unprecedented for this 29 year old. As for the 'two way street' & Manu's 'give & take', yes absolutely, & it is a beautiful thing to see. And because you can't assign weight to each of these individual items, I would say that they come out pretty equal. However, if u take all the above life altering events, add even life changing things like B can no long boast of never having to 'pay-for-it' (look-alike call-boy) simply because J had been in his life, J's 'gotta sacrifice everything...' (Stockwell), then partners, then love & even a marriage proposal...Well, if ya had to make a list of who changed more, was influenced most in actual life altering ways, and then had to say who was the mentor & who the protégé...some might be shocked. All this going on right in front of everybody all around them, who all, every one of them, one way or another, thought that horrible, decadent Brian's influence was just corrupting poor little innocent Justin!!

Last edited by chase 73; 05-22-2010 at 08:35 PM