View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 03:05 PM
i never learn
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase 73 (View Post)
this may almost be a case of love-at-first-sight under that lamppost even for him.
you had me until love at first sight, albeit, you prefaced it with almost, but still, how can brian even know such a sentiment when he not only denies the existence of love, but has never really experienced it first hand? i mean, lust definitely, but love, i don't think so. like, it's obvious brian developed an immediate soft spot for justin that only seemed to grow throughout season one, but when push came to shove, i don't believe brian ever expected anything serious to come of his relationship with justin. in fact, i think brian liked the attention justin so willingly gave him, because all narcissist do, but the one thing justin did that not many other people could was challenge brian. it's funny though, because we always heard brian boasting about how he tried to teach justin this and that, but in the end, that was very much a two way street. so, i see where you are coming from when you say brian portrayed some sort of emotional deepness for justin right off the bat, it's just, brian could also be downright vindictive when he wanted to be too. he didn't even give a second thought to staying at the end of season one. idk, i'm just a firm believer in time, i guess.