View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 03:21 AM
Brucas4life
Elite Fan

I love Monaco Such a beautiful venue and I love watching how close the cars come to hitting the barrier, the concentration it takes to drive that track is ridiculous. I'm glad everyone was okay after some really bad crashes, you expect some accidents, it always happens on that track, but Trulli and Chandock's crash was crazy, he's lucky he didn't hurt his head with Trulli's car going over him.

Was it four safety cars? It was good in a way as it kept pulling them all back together, poor Webber probably couldn't believe it, every time he built up a gap he got pulled back, thankfully for him though it didn't matter. He had an amazing race and his pace was incredible. The main person who benefited from the safety cars was Alonso, by having one on the second lap he was able to get his pit stop over at no loss to him at all. I'm just glad McLaren were monitoring him and quickly realised they needed to pit Lewis even though his tyres were fine otherwise Alonso was going to pass all of them when they pitted. And then the drivers behind Lewis quickly realised that meant they needed to come in too. Too little too late.

I thought Lucas di Grassi did an incredible job of defending his position against Alonso, he put up a great fight.

It was a mixed day tbh from a McLaren point of view. McLaren are seriously at fault for Jensen's retirement. The BBC guy was the one who pointed out to McLaren they had left something on the car but it was too late to take it off as they were then on the warm up lap. Jensen really could have done with at least some points as well. Lewis imo did really well considering his car obviously is a fair way off the pace of the Red Bulls and the Ferrari's were really quick this weekend too, so to get 5th was a good result. The thing with Lewis is he always wants to give it his all and push as much as possible, and with him having such love for Monaco, I think he may have even said it was his favourite track, being told to sit back and not push goes against every instinct he has. It's crazy to think that had his tyre not blown last week that he would be one point off the lead right now despite not winning a race or having particularly good qualifying sessions, I think that's testament to how well he has driven this year so far. But the McLaren have a lot of work to do.

As for the Alonso/Schumacher incident, I'm not a fan of either, but based on the evidence I think it was a legitimate pass and should be allowed. I just love that of all the weekends Damon Hill was the stewards driver adviser it was this weekend where Michael was involved. Coulthard joked that Damon would give Michael a penalty just for showing up And now they have penalised Schumacher with a 20 second penalty which moves him to 12th. However Mercedes are already appealing the decision.

Edit: i've just read an article and changed my mind. Basically the overtake was against the rules. It's all explained here

Vicky

Last edited by Brucas4life; 05-17-2010 at 04:22 AM