View Single Post
Old 05-15-2010, 03:44 PM
Brucas4life
Elite Fan

Qualifying wasn't nearly as bad as I expected it to be. I'm happy to admit I was wrong. It's weird how it was actually in Q3 that drivers got held up.

I'm also happy Alonso didn't get pole, and as a McLaren fan even more delighted he will be starting at the back. But I certainly wasn't hoping he would crash, you should never wish that to happen. I'm sure it won't take him long to get passed the new teams but Lewis had to come through the pack last year and it's never an easy task, particularly at Monaco. He's got his work cut out for him even if he has got one of the fastest cars.

Kubica was amazing in qualifying, I was really rooting for him to get pole. But front row is still amazing, hopefully he'll get the jump on Webber at the start.

I'm just really confused about the Massa situation. I thought that he was happy there and importantly the team wanted him, especially with them letting Kimi go and keeping him when Alonso was coming. I don't know why all the rumours have started, if perhaps Alonso's arrival has unsettled him, or if Ferrari are just looking for someone new. Personally I don't think Alonso is a particularly easy person to work with, as they were discussing here over qualifying, perhaps the reason why Lewis was able to deal with Alonso so well was because he was fresh into F1 and a rookie, whereas perhaps Massa has had a knock in confidence having Alonso come in and basically become their No.1 driver and get more out of the car. Although based on qualifying today Massa didn't look like he was having any trouble. I don't know whether it's just the media stirring things up but I do feel Massa hasn't been his usual self recently, and obviously it's not Alonso's fault if he is able to perform better than his team mate but at the same time I don't think Alonso is a team player, so I can't help but feel for Massa having to work alongside him.

I also wish Alonso would keep quiet sometimes, especially over deciding to comment on how teammates from other teams were getting along, in this case claiming that Lewis and Jensen weren't getting along. It's quite clear that couldn't be farther from the truth, it's just pointless, especially when his own relationship with his teammate is not exactly a match made in heaven. Perhaps he was just joking but given his history with both Lewis and McLaren it doesn't come off as funny and simply looks like an attempt to try and stir things up. I'm glad both Lewis and Jensen have come out and said exactly that. Sorry to anyone who is an Alonso fan, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I'm not disputing his is an excellent driver, I just question him as a person.

Fingers crossed for a great race tomorrow

Vicky