View Single Post
Old 05-17-2005, 07:44 PM
last page first
Part-Time Fan

Ok, I'll be bold and speak the truth: I thought this episode sucked. It was built up so much and then it just didn't make sense. In fact, it made more sense in theory than it did the way it was really done. Rory's decision would have made more sense if she hadn't had that part with Lorelai in the car when she realizes what she did and when she's cheerful in the house. That was funny, but in order to make the plot at all realistic she needed to be completely preoccupied with thoughts of doubt and failure. I hate Logan. Mrs. Kim was totally out of character and that really pissed me off. Emily and Richard didn't make sense either. I mean, I know they always pick Rory over Lorelai, but their decision was just dumb. Rory's not that persuasive. Her argument for dropping out of college was moronic. Most college students have no idea what they're doing. Lorelai was the only character that was doing anything correctly. And I'm not even talking about the proposal. That actually made me angry. It seemed like a last ditch effort at making tonight's episode into a real season finale, cliff-hanger and all. The episode was just so blah and that's sad because ASP is usually so good at the finale. Last year's was the greatest ever. So much happened in that one. It was all logical. Even though Rory did something crazy then it all made sense. Tonight's just made me angry.